Barkov between legs goal vs Price

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kind of funny how Hertl did the same thing in his rookie year and got called disrespectful. Barkov does it and suddenly it’s the most beautiful goal ever.

Reactions: Vesperia

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Kind of funny how Hertl did the same thing in his rookie year and got called disrespectful. Barkov does it and suddenly it’s the most beautiful goal ever.
There's also a group of people mad about the Hurricanes' cellies.

Gotta look at who is saying these things -- usually it's just old people

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

I don't care for the "disrespectful" angle and don't wanna go there, but if you can't see the difference in the goals and game situations between those goals, then I don't know what to say.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I don't care for the "disrespectful" angle and don't wanna go there, but if you can't see the difference in the goals and game situations between those goals, then I don't know what to say.

Agreed. I was a fan of Hertl’s goal, but one took place in a blow out when it was basically an exhibition game at that point, while Barkov’s was a tie game and may have actually been the best method to score. Situations couldn’t be more different.

Only thing that would’ve made this goal better is if price didn’t get a piece of it.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Barkov was supposed to go 3th or 4th, not 2nd overall in 2013. Imagine if Tampa would have got him too with that cheap salary? :D

....Thay would probably be a dynasty for the next 10 years. But still not looking that bad heh

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Hertl did it with time and space and against a retiring goalie in a blowout game. Barkov did it with a defenseman hot on him against an elite goalie as a game winner. That’s the difference.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Nice goal but the goalie in me is going nuts watching price flop to his stomach. Stay up and that’s an easy save.

Takes balls to try that though and I respect it

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Been watching since 1986.

Overrated goal by an overrated player.
UnitedOblongGharial-size_restricted.gif

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
I hope Florida can pick up Panarin & Bobrovsky. Barkov deserves better down there.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
He’s so humble he probably apologized to Price and Mete after the game...

The NHL is doing a great job of keeping him low profile. You won’t find the goal anywhere on the startpage. Although you will find a kid chewing on a puck. I guess that’s more newsworthy. :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad