Barkov between legs goal vs Price

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Nothing special. William karlsson did it last year as been pointed out. People exaggerate just because it is barkov

Reactions: Yackiberg8

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Pretty nice goal, added points for the Defender hanging on his back, but the between the legs doesn't really do it for me. It's cool move, but we've seen it done enough times that it has sort of lost the shock-value for me.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Nothing special. William karlsson did it last year as been pointed out. People exaggerate just because it is barkov

He was on a breakaway. Barkov had much less time and space. Not in the same level. Maybe with Hertl but not with this Barkov goal.

Reactions: FLpanthers16

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Not even close to the same thing. Barkov had no time or space for that move but he still pulled it off in a 3-3 tie.
a full-on breakaway in a 7-2 blowout against a second rate goalie is the same as one with a fairly responsible defensive player in sticks reach against arguably one of the best in the world during a 3-3 tie. nothing to see here. :sarcasm:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Not even close to the same thing. Barkov had no time or space for that move but he still pulled it off in a 3-3 tie.
I remember an old quote about Peter Forsbergs move in 1994 olympics, a canadian journalist said he if he tried that move in the nhl he would had been benched for hotdogging.

I guess the league has evolved since then? Then again i remember how media was angry over linus omark spinorama.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
I remember an old quote about Peter Forsbergs move in 1994 olympics, a canadian journalist said he if he tried that move in the nhl he would had been benched for hotdogging.

I guess the league has evolved since then? Then again i remember how media was angry over linus omark spinorama.
barkov and hotdogging don't go in the same sentence, unless he is out to lunch with you and phil kessel

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Still goal-of-the-year material for this habs fan. Risky move with the defender right there, but he pulled it off. Amazing.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Barkov is really humble even by finnish standards. He is very good, but you dont hear much about him on finnish media. So underestimated. Even before the new generation of finns came, there wasnt much about him. Maybe its his russian heritage, who knows. I like the guy.
I was always confused about his name and home country. His parents immigrated to Finland?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

This wasnt hot dogging though. This was the only move that would have worked

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
57195B87-2413-4B0F-AB4C-89D616AA9E7E.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->