Barkov and Huberdeau

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
DadArkeau

DadBarHub

It seems like there should be something great, but can't quite find it.

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
They really are something special. Panthers fans are lucky to be able to watch that top line every night. Not to mention the extremely team friendly deals that they're on (for now).

Reactions: Laus723

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Have to mention this again, since it’s really important...those two might not be who they are today if it wasn’t for Jagr. His acquisition might have saved the Panthers. He taught those two so much, and you can see it in their game, on and off the ice.

On the ice, they are masterful on offense. They move the puck with precision, can cycle a team to death, their board work is excellent, and their puck possession is excellent as well. Off the ice, he instilled on them his work ethic. Barkov is just a beast, and works very hard off the ice. And the same can be said about Huby. Their off ice training has really taken their games to the next level.

I’m not saying that these two wouldn’t have been as great as they are now, but their style of play could have been vastly different if Tallon never traded for Jagr. Huberdeau was on the same trajectory as some former Panthers high first rounders. He looked like he was going to be good, but not great. Maybe around a 60ish point player. Right in that Weiss/Horton category. It’s nice to see the Panthers finally develop their high draft picks into legit top line stars.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Have to mention this again, since it’s really important...those two might not be who they are today if it wasn’t for Jagr. His acquisition might have saved the Panthers. He taught those two so much, and you can see it in their game, on and off the ice.

On the ice, they are masterful on offense. They move the puck with precision, can cycle a team to death, their board work is excellent, and their puck possession is excellent as well. Off the ice, he instilled on them his work ethic. Barkov is just a beast, and works very hard off the ice. And the same can be said about Huby. Their off ice training has really taken their games to the next level.

I’m not saying that these two wouldn’t have been as great as they are now, but their style of play could have been vastly different if Tallon never traded for Jagr. Huberdeau was on the same trajectory as some former Panthers high first rounders. He looked like he was going to be good, but not great. Maybe around a 60ish point player. Right in that Weiss/Horton category. It’s nice to see the Panthers finally develop their high draft picks into legit top line stars.

Reminds me of when Gillis signed Sundin and he helped Kesler transform from a 25 goal, 50 point player to a 40 goal, 75 point player.

These HOF veterans have so much knowledge to pass on to the younger guys.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They are entertaining for sure.

Yeah I don’t understand why people don’t mention Dadonov, he’s just as good on that line

Dads is great but he's a tier below Hubs and 2 on Barkov.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
They are entertaining for sure.

Dads is great but he's a tier below Hubs and 2 on Barkov.

Loves Daddy, but he is definitely a tier below those two. I expect Tallon to re-sign him before the season is over, but if by chance he isnt a Panther next season, he has those two to thank. I just dont think he will be as successful anywhere else.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Huberdeau had 101pt in host last 82 games not long ago, he’s put up a handful of points since then, too. Those two are the cornerstones of the franchise and they’re always in sync with each other, it’s incredible to watch both 5v5 and the pp

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Hooby-Barky-Daddy is a top 5 line in the league right now. It's nice to see the team being better too so those guys are playing with less stick squeezing.

I mean, the Panthers have been a trainwreck defensively for a couple years now with suspect goaltending and poor bottom 6 depth and yet those guys have kept the team in range of a playoff spot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Loves Daddy, but he is definitely a tier below those two. I expect Tallon to re-sign him before the season is over, but if by chance he isnt a Panther next season, he has those two to thank. I just dont think he will be as successful anywhere else.

I was thinking that while watching the game last night.
If playing means more than getting top dollar there's not a better fit for him than in Florida.

Re-signing Dads or Hoffman it's an easy one for me give me Dads any day.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Barkov was injured too for a while, couldn't even take faceoffs. Still 7+20 in 21 games. Hopefully he gets to a hundred until the season is over.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
So rantanen And Mackinnon aNd kucherov Stamkos destroying the league last couple years is forgotten because of injuries and underwhelming team play (Tampa’s sake)

?

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
So rantanen And Mackinnon aNd kucherov Stamkos destroying the league last couple years is forgotten because of injuries and underwhelming team play (Tampa’s sake)

?

Last year? Heck, it only takes roughly a handful of games for the recency bias to set in.

Not saying Barkov and Huberdau aren't magic, but no, they are not better than MacKinnon-Rantanen, McDavid-Draisaitl or Kucherov-Stamkos. If not for the age difference, I'd probably take Bergeron-Pasta duo before them.

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014

?
Last year MacKinnon 99p, Rantanen 87p = 186p
Barkov 96p, Huberdeau 92p = 188p

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Huberdeau has become one of those guys who just oozes offense. He is one of my absolute favourite players in the league to watch, he is so smooth and creates a ridiculous amount of chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad