barker

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
What are the thoughts about Barker's Memorial Cup performance? Did he disappoint? Where do people think he will be drafted? I still like him for the Hawks but am interested in what readers think.

X0ssbar

If he's on the board and the CBJ don't deal the pick - they take Barker at #4.

X-SHARKIE

I don't know if it's Barker really having his stock fall, or guys like Malkin, Radulov, Tukonen and others having their stocks raise in this draft, and there getting the hype.

I would take Cam Barker 3rd overall, but with the Blackhawks having a steady diet of Young talented defensman in the system, they may say pass, but if they feel he's the best player in the draft at the 3rd spot, They won't hesitate to take him.

I really have a gut fealing that Columbus is crossing their fingers to get Cam Barker.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I'm sure the Hawks are dangling that #3 around to people that want Barker. As much for getting some established players as keeping CBJ from getting Barker. Perhaps Huselius & #7 +......? Then if they decide to draft D, take Thelen. If not , Stafford, Picard, etc...

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
From what I've seen of Barker, I'd say he is a potential #3 dman, and for that reason I'd keep him out of my top 8-10. For a dman to be a 3rd voerall pick (for me at least), I would have to think there's a possibility he'll be a #1 down the line.

People who have seen him little often point out his regular seasonoffensive numbers, but I feel he greatly benefited from a tremendous group of offensive forwards in Medicine Hat this year.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Huselius and the #7 for the #3 might actually work..

Chicago could pick up Radulov at 7 and add a 20 goal scorer in Huselius to a recent offensively depleted team.

If I was Chicago, and I had Barker/Olesz/Ladd/Radulov/Tukonen all pretty much in the same range, I'd make that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad