Barker vs. Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I know the two of them arent the same position, but hypothetically, if my Pens lose the lottery, who would you choose with the #2 pick?
Who is going to have the better NHL career overall and why?
Are both projected top line guys (barker a #1 D-man)?

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
In most drafts Malkin would be the #1 overall pick. This one just happens to have a guy like Ovechkin in it.

Scouting reports say that the draft is Ovechkin-Malkin, then a big gap, and everyone else.

leafaholix*

Malkin.

After Ovechkin and Malkin, there's quite a gap between them and the next best player.

Or atleast for now.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Leafaholix said:
After Ovechkin and Malkin, there's quite a gap between them and the next best player.

Well, last year Olesz was rated better than Malkin, but Rostislav hasn't improved so much this year.
So I would pick Malkin at 2# too, but as pure talent I don't think that Olesz is that far behind.

st_roland

God I hope the caps get Malkin or Ovechkin. combine that with the rumored return of the gonchar trade and our awesome youngsters and I could see an ottawa like team in terms of depth in 5-6 years if McPhee continues to draft well and trade intelligently. :handclap:

Of course things could go to sh!t and the caps could be the Pens next year. WHO KNOWS!?

edit-Adjusted years for homerism.

Last edited by a moderator:

DR. Holiday

Draft Guru said:
Because he is a selfish player that hasn't done much to improve his stock this season.

Selfish??? Where did you get this?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
if it was the Pens pick I would take Malkin, they have an absolutely insane amount of prospect depth on D already with the likes of Whitney, Orpik, and Welch among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->