Barker, Meszaros, Campoli, Smid, Thelen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I know, this may have been asked before, altought I didn't find anything about it.... Back in 2003 I remember the moment when Coburn, Suter and Phaneuf were picked.... at that time, the analyst on TV said that Calgary picked the less good D-man of the three. If the draft was repeated, I am sure now that Coburn wouldn't be the first one picked.

I think the same of the 2004 draft, but I would like to know what is your opinion on the question. Do you think those three players (Barker, Meszaros, Campoli, Smid, Thelen) would have been selected in the same order now that you know what they have achieve in the NHL? As you may noticed, I removed Valabik's name.... intentionnaly.

Thanks!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Kafka said:
I think the same of the 2004 draft, but I would like to know what is your opinion on the question. Do you think those three players (Barker, Meszaros, Campoli, Smid, Thelen) would have been selected in the same order now that you know what they have achieve in the NHL? As you may noticed, I removed Valabik's name.... intentionnaly.

Thanks!

If people knew Campoli would turn out like he did he would have been picked in the 2002 draft. As an Islanders fan i am really pleased with the pick. I don't see why he was picked so low, because he isn't small(he is 6'0), bad defensively or a bad skater(3 reasons why teams will not draft a guy who would be considered an offensive defenseman).

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
Kafka said:
I know, this may have been asked before, altought I didn't find anything about it.... Back in 2003 I remember the moment when Coburn, Suter and Phaneuf were picked.... at that time, the analyst on TV said that Calgary picked the less good D-man of the three. If the draft was repeated, I am sure now that Coburn wouldn't be the first one picked.

Thanks!

Suter was picked as the first D-man at 7th.
Coburn 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad