Player Discussion: Barclay Goodrow

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Every time I saw him with 19 I thought bj crombeen but then he actually could skate and makes plays. He had a good debut though and despite what jbb gave up for him (wasn’t his fault) I like him.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Hes a new toy he had a decent game and his grit is needed it was expensive to get him but there you are. One game lets give it a few. I did see one post in another thread that he is a takeaway machine...….. He had 1 takeaway and Yanni had 3 Hits Goody had 3 Coleman and Maroon each with 5. Hope the PK last night was just an adjustment thing but allowing any team to go 2/4 is troubling I don't care how good Toronto's PP is you can not give up two PPG a game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I thought he was quite good. Drew a call, got an assist, laid out some dudes with hits and played well. Can't blame him for the price that was paid for him - he basically had a game that we wish Paquette would have more than once a month.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He was one of the few bright spots in that game, I liked what I saw. Not just the physical play but he was in the right places and/or around the puck when he was out there.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I already like him, a lot.
(can we have a Barclay Goodrow thread going?)

My first Lightning game was game 1 of the ECF in 2004 because it was national telecast and we didn't have cable and sadly that didn't change til the 2nd post lockout season and I had to listen to 2005-2006 on the radio. I'd like to say I've seen at least 700-something games since but I seriously cannot remember the last guy (if any) we've had in all those years since who threw another small, little check on a guy trying to get back up just simply to get under his skin.

I know I'm making a deal out of absolutely nothing here but can anyone here actually reference a time any of our guys did something "pest" worthy for the sake of doing it? Downie kept his nose clean but for one bad tangle up with Crosby and Andre Roy was on a leash unless we were provoked. Maybe it was in a game I missed or something?

The only time I can find Lightning players doing something like that is the Esposito era because Phil loved his tough guys and shit disturbers see: McRae, Rudy, Ciccone, Tucker, Barnaby and us instructing Ulanov to terrorize Eric Lindros in 1996

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My first Lightning game was game 1 of the ECF in 2004 because it was national telecast and we didn't have cable and sadly that didn't change til the 2nd post lockout season and I had to listen to 2005-2006 on the radio. I'd like to say I've seen at least 700-something games since but I seriously cannot remember the last guy (if any) we've had in all those years since who threw another small, little check on a guy trying to get back up just simply to get under his skin.

I know I'm making a deal out of absolutely nothing here but can anyone here actually reference a time any of our guys did something "pest" worthy for the sake of doing it? Downie kept his nose clean but for one bad tangle up with Crosby and Andre Roy was on a leash unless we were provoked. Maybe it was in a game I missed or something?

The only time I can find Lightning players doing something like that is the Esposito era because Phil loved his tough guys and shit disturbers see: McRae, Rudy, Ciccone, Tucker, Barnaby and us instructing Ulanov to terrorize Eric Lindros in 1996
You said it yourself. You're making a deal out of nothing. If he got a penalty for that we'd be calling him dumbass

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You said it yourself. You're making a deal out of nothing. If he got a penalty for that we'd be calling him dumbass

Ain't that the truth? But in any case, it's only because this is the first time in 15 years I've seen a Lightning player actually try to get under someone's skin. That's why it's so surprising to me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A mix of Gourde and Paquette in a big body playing with an edge and a big grin on his face. Love it!

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
With way he played for us since the trade, he was worth the 1st. He was under the Bruins skin that's for sure , great intensity and he bring something to the table that was missing with team over the past years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad