Confirmed with Link: Barch reacquired

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Great deal for the Cats. This should help Guddy from dropping the gloves now that the team brought a fighter back into the mix. I wouldn't worry too much about losing picks though, if the Cats are out of contention they have lots of guys that can be moved for picks ... and if they aren't out of contention then everyone will be too happy to care about only 4 picks next year ha

Not me. ;)

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Isn't the 2015 draft supposed to be better than 2014 anyways? Either way, I trust Tallon will get us what's needed for a good draft.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Isn't the 2015 draft supposed to be better than 2014 anyways? Either way, I trust Tallon will get us what's needed for a good draft.

Yeah, I just don't like only having 4 picks in a draft. The odds aren't good to get much out of that year. Lower round picks are also ammo if you want to move up. We'll probably be out of it at the deadline, but I'm just worried about the scenario if we're not. I'd be thrilled if we made the playoffs, but disappointed in only having 4 picks.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Not being a debbie downer and I could be mistaken, but wasn't Barch the one that lost almost every fight

You dont have to win fights, you just have to get your licks in and let teams know their will be repercussions. The end goal is people dont injure your dainty little scorers, and I think Barch can do that and still give us quality 4th line minutes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not being a debbie downer and I could be mistaken, but wasn't Barch the one that lost almost every fight
You were probably thinking of Bradley, who had lots of heart, but also lots of fist marks on his face as he would always challenge guys out of his weight class

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You dont have to win fights, you just have to get your licks in and let teams know their will be repercussions. The end goal is people dont injure your dainty little scorers, and I think Barch can do that and still give us quality 4th line minutes.

Well, you do have to win at least most. No one cares if you're willing if you suck at it. At the end of the day, though, we just need someone willing to come in an protect our kids and skill players. Parros just skated away, and was shipped out for it. Loved that.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He lost a few, but he won some also, and he's the only enforcer we've had in the last few years, since Belak, that would go out and initiate fights when it was necessary. Nobody wanted to fight MacIntyre, not really his fault. Plus DeBoer didn't play him.

I'll take Mac back anytime. I wouldn't want to fight him either, to an extent led to the end of Belak and Boogaard...
I'll put him against Scott, anyone ever. THAT'S an enforcer!
I wouldn't mess with Huber, Trochek or Rocco with Mac looming.
Yea, I'll still stick his ass in front for the PP too!~!~!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well, you do have to win at least most. No one cares if you're willing if you suck at it. At the end of the day, though, we just need someone willing to come in an protect our kids and skill players. Parros just skated away, and was shipped out for it. Loved that.

Well said, it's about feeling like the safe top dog. Ain't happening when nobody FEARS your enforcer.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I mean...hold on for dear life, doing well, uhp Mac got his arm free. (<Period.:D)

Who the hell would want to think about banging our guys around with that guy???
Especially most of this team are at least 6'3 anyway....

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I did not care for him when he was here (guess I'm in the minority here)...remember him losing fights, declining ice time and not much use out of him versus other enforcers of past years. I'm not big on rostering enforcers post 2004, but will admit was let down by Parros a ton last year after being jacked up we signed him :(

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Very happy to have Barch back; I was disappointed when he left us last year. I always felt like he had a good attitude for mixing it up on the ice.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
im not saying you can get pummeled time after time, but if you can at least stand in there with the heavyweights and get your shots in then that is good enough. remember, it isnt always the heavyweights that take the shots at your scorers. so youre not going to need a top heavyweight. barch, guds, and petro will be more than enough to take on all but the toughest guys, and thats good enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->