Florida
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Panthers aquire Barch and 7th rd for Timmins and sixth. From NJ #flapanthers

Yup. Glad to have Barch back!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 10s

Devils trade Barch and 2015 7th rd pick to FLA for 2014 6th rd pick and minor league player to be named.

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 27s

#FlaPanthers trade Scott Timmins and a 6th to #njDevils for Krys Barch and a 7th

Stolen from the main board.

Very happy with this, glad DT was able to admit that it was mistake to let him leave.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, not sure why we didn't re-sign him in the first place. But nice to see. Although that means we only have 4 draft picks this year.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah, not sure why we didn't re-sign him in the first place. But nice to see. Although that means we only have 4 draft picks this year.

I think Tallon thought Parros would be an upgrade, but he was far and away the opposite of that.

We recouped a draft pick, though we lost a round. I'm sure Tallon will wok to get more picks.

I like Barch, he hits, he's not a terrible liability, and he's a decent fighter. And he'll protect the kids out there. Would rather we'd gotten Clifford, but I'll take this.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I didnt like the deal at all on the first look but he is at least better than Parros :D

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Really liked Barch when he was here as he can actually play a little bit of hockey. Still remember that breakaway goal he had. He brings energy which Parros didn't. Not sure how his season in Jersey went. Welcome back.

-ghoste

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Really liked Barch when he was here as he can actually play a little bit of hockey. Still remember that breakaway goal he had. He brings energy which Parros didn't. Not sure how his season in Jersey went. Welcome back.

-ghoste

Neither he nor Janssen played very much, but they apparently are going to stick with their long time guy. DeBoer doesn't use enforcers very often, though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think Tallon thought Parros would be an upgrade, but he was far and away the opposite of that.

We recouped a draft pick, though we lost a round. I'm sure Tallon will wok to get more picks.

I like Barch, he hits, he's not a terrible liability, and he's a decent fighter. And he'll protect the kids out there. Would rather we'd gotten Clifford, but I'll take this.

The pick we got back is in 2015 though. I guess we can just trade a 2015 7th for a 2014 7th, like we do every year lol.

I think Barch suffered because of the whole racist remark thing, which wasn't even true. Unfortunately. But glad he's back.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Not sure who runs the Panthers Instagram but they wrote that we traded Clem & Timmins for Barch & a 5th.

Whoever it is can't wait to get rid of Clem, haha.

-ghoste

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
I think it is "reacquired"

But as to Barch, this is a great move. I always thought letting him go was dumb. Of all the enforcers weve had in the last 5 years, he was the only one who wasnt a liability and brought some energy and hitting to the 4th line. With him, Guds, and Petro, we will have more than enough toughness to keep people off Huby and Barkov.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think it is "reacquired"

But as to Barch, this is a great move. I always thought letting him go was dumb. Of all the enforcers weve had in the last 5 years, he was the only one who wasnt a liability and brought some energy and hitting to the 4th line. With him, Guds, and Petro, we will have more than enough toughness to keep people off Huby and Barkov.

Yeah, guess I spelled it wrong and autocorrect did that.

There are some brutes in this Division, and none of those guys you mentioned can truly handle those heavies. But, not all those heavies can play well at the NHL level and may be scratched against us. Gonna be an interesting year in the fight department.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I liked Timmins but he's a dime a dozen player and we have plenty of guys who can do what he can do. We don't really have a guy like Barch who I think most people were a fan of while he was here.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Great deal for the Cats. This should help Guddy from dropping the gloves now that the team brought a fighter back into the mix. I wouldn't worry too much about losing picks though, if the Cats are out of contention they have lots of guys that can be moved for picks ... and if they aren't out of contention then everyone will be too happy to care about only 4 picks next year ha

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Like this move a lot. Of all the enforcer experiences we've had in recent years he's been the best player wise without being a liability. Parros was just horrible. Couldnt do anything on ice and wouldnt fight.

Don't worry about picks. We got more than enough guys to deal at deadline for picks.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Not being a debbie downer and I could be mistaken, but wasn't Barch the one that lost almost every fight

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not being a debbie downer and I could be mistaken, but wasn't Barch the one that lost almost every fight

He lost a few, but he won some also, and he's the only enforcer we've had in the last few years, since Belak, that would go out and initiate fights when it was necessary. Nobody wanted to fight MacIntyre, not really his fault. Plus DeBoer didn't play him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->