Barberio runs over Varlamov

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tough play but it looked like Varly was initially setting up the puck for a retrieval by Barberio. Barberio read that and shoulder checked the Philly Forechecker before going to pick up the puck up. But by that point Varly covered it and moved a couple feet to his left and by the time Barberio looked back up it was too late.

Unfortunate play but I can't blame Barberio too much.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Shame on HF for taking a week to make this a thread. Heck, maybe this was a thread when it first happened but it got buried in [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Tough play but it looked like Varly was initially setting up the puck for a retrieval by Barberio. Barberio read that and shoulder checked the Philly Forechecker before going to pick up the puck up. But by that point Varly covered it and moved a couple feet to his left and by the time Barberio looked back up it was too late.

Unfortunate play but I can't blame Barberio too much.
This is the most sensible explanation of this unfortunate episode.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I was thinking "What againn ?? Seriously..." with Barberio wouldn't be surprised if it happened again though then I saw OP saying it was a week ago. Dude do you want me to have a cardiac arrest. Varly has been freaking amazing so far. I wanted him gone after his contract now I'm not so sure :help:

Reactions: cgf

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wow that is a lot worse then the Carlo miss last week, wait a week there will be one worse then this one

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Looks like he got caught in between playing it or covering it up after the linesman waived off the icing late. He got caught off guard after relaxing for the icing.

Looks like the puck came off his stick live and surprised him. He slid out further after Barberio was checking over his shoulder. Just awful luck all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad