Post-Game Talk: Banner raising NOT spoiled! Hawks down Caps, 6-4!

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Saad was our MVP IMO. That goal he scored with Handzus on the perfect pass....damn that was gorgeous. That kid just goes so hard all the time. Awesome stuff!

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Banner and ceremony was awesome.

was wrong about the game prediction. Thought it was going to OT, but I'll take the W. PK will need to improve A LOT. I was satisfied with the PP for the most part. But we're missing Frolik big time.

Corey Crawford is a top 10 goalie.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Little concerned about the PK, but they showed up when we needed them most.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Nordstrom looked unsure of what he was supposed to do out there. They'll get that straightened out in practise.

Missed the final minute, and the most climatic point of the game.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Yeah, not a big Nordstrom fan, uhg. But, watched a few Caps games last year and tonight they played their *** off, good on them.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If its the PK role I would rather see Smith, or Saad. But i'll give Nordy a little time.

Yeah, I'll give him some time as well. It was his NHL debut tonight, on a freaking banner raising night no less...

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
We'll see. Me personally, I'd rather see Ben Smith given another look. Maybe even Morin.

I'm as big a Ben Smith fan as there is (while keeping my expectations of what he can be in the NHL realisitic). Plugging in a smaller, slower player to the PK isn't going to help it be anymor9e aggressive.

Nordstrom is smart and fast. He or Danault would be the best options in the system to replace Frolik.

I want Morin on this team too. But I don't see where he fits right now.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yeah, not a big Nordstrom fan, uhg. But, watched a few Caps games last year and tonight they played their *** off, good on them.

Caps are a pretty solid team. As grabo gains more chemistry with the team, I think they'll get better too.

CertainAffinity*

Ho. Ly. ****

What a game!

I haven't even managed to post while watching, I was so transfixed by the action on screen.

Thoughts:

1) Yay, Hawks win!

2) Our depth is insane. Goals and assists for EVERYBODY! I love knowing any one of our lines can score at the drop of a hat.

3) More discipline might be a good idea up against a PP like that. Wowza. I hope they were just amped up from the pre-game ceremony, and this won`t be a recurring problem...

4) I think the PK will be fine. We were up against what is probably going to be the most lethal PP in the league (again), and this was the first game at NHL speed, so some were bound to go in

5) Crawford started kinda shaky IMO, but manned up at the end when we absolutely had to put away the game.

6) Holy ****! Power-play goals! We`re allowed to score on the PP?! Has this been confirmed with the NHL?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm as big a Ben Smith fan as there is (while keeping my expectations of what he can be in the NHL realisitic). Plugging in a smaller, slower player to the PK isn't going to help it be anymor9e aggressive.

Nordstrom is smart and fast. He or Danault would be the best options in the system to replace Frolik.

I want Morin on this team too. But I don't see where he fits right now.

But if you're scared to make the aggressive play, it doesn't matter how fast and smart you are. Smith plays with that aggression no matter what. Hopefully Nordstrom brings more of it going forward, and that penalty at the end doesn't shock his confidence and scare him from making the aggressive plays on the PK.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Now that Green's healthy again, him and Ovy on the PP points is just unfair

They're going to have more than a couple 3+ PPG games that's for sure...sick depth showing tonight for us.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Not concerned about Nordstrom or the PK at all. They'll get ironed out within a few weeks.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Looked like the old Washington Capitals. Score at will on the PP, suck everywhere else.

The Caps looked good. Their PP was lethal and they were working it all night on the cycle. Crawford basically kept the Hawks in the game in the first period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad