Bandwagon Avatars

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's a couple Caps fans that have avis that show Wilson hits that resulted in injury, including the ZAR hit. Sooner or later what goes around comes around, and the longer it takes the more force it has when it does.

That's the only thing that bothers me.

1st. The team used Tom Wilson as a prop to beating the Pens. What a sleazy thing to do. What a garbage player/human being.
2nd. I hope they do reap what they sow.

Other than that, I have no issues with that team.

It would suck to see that low life win a cup, but I'm sure people feel the same when Cooke did it here. So... whatever.

Reactions: domaug and DegenX

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's the only thing that bothers me.

1st. The team used Tom Wilson as a prop to beating the Pens. What a sleazy thing to do. What a garbage player/human being.
2nd. I hope they do reap what they sow.

Other than that, I have no issues with that team.

It would suck to see that low life win a cup, but I'm sure people feel the same when Cooke did it here. So... whatever.

I think the key difference between the two fanbases is we can acknowledge that Cooke wasn't exactly the cleanest player. Washington fans seem to refuse to acknowledge that Wilson's a dirty SOB.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup. Caps players were also mocking Aston-Reese from their bench. So... yeah. Supporting them? No thanks.

I just went and found that open letter. I thought it would make me mad, but it actually just cracked me up. The insecurity and sense of inferiority that oozed from it was amazing.

The fact that Wilson didn't even reach out was just disgusting to me. What a piece of shit of a human being that kid is.

Their dose of Karma will be when the Tampa Bay Lightning run a train through their ass for a 4 game sweep and the moronic Caps players can tell each other "hey we beat the Pens, we got a new banner now!"

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That new Capitals banner is pretty neat though.

9GtJmM3.png

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
Yea it took beating the Pens after back to back cups for them to finally win. A win is a win still but that is a huge factor. I would like to see the Caps even win one cup and see how they do the next year.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I'm conflicted on whos bandwagon to jump on.

Capitals: No way.
Lightning: I wouldn't mind them winning, but the thought of Kunitz winning 3 in a row makes me want to vomit.
Predators: I like Bonino, I like Subban, I would love to see Fisher raise the cup as well, but those fans.. they deserve nothing..
Golden Knights: If Fleury wins it, I'll simultaneously be happy for him, but also disgusted because all the Fleury yinzers will come out of the woodwork in full force, more so than they currently are.
Jets: I just don't like them, part of that is based on those cheap shots they gave the Pens in those few previous games. I do like Liane though.

Who is the lesser of the evil's here?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is one of my least favorite threads ever. Is there a dislike button I can smash?

I'd rather be dead than red.

I mean, maybe if it were a Vegas or Tampa bandwagon avatar. You know, for folks who want to cheer on Kunitz or Fleury for their three-peat attempt. But, the Caps? Are you kidding me?

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Is there some way a moderator can remove that Pens/Caps avatar from Coach Travis? :laugh:
Haha, well personally, I guess that's just how much of a beatdown the rivalry has been. Crosby's legacy is so secure, in my opinion as a Top 5 All-Time, that it's killed the pettiness in my towards Ovechkin and the Caps. Now that there's 31 teams (soon 32) there's going to be more and more superstars who never win a Cup. Hell, McDavid might never win a Cup. When it's all said and done, IMO, it would be a shame for Ovechkin to not have 1 Stanley Cup.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Haha, well personally, I guess that's just how much of a beatdown the rivalry has been. Crosby's legacy is so secure, in my opinion as a Top 5 All-Time, that it's killed the pettiness in my towards Ovechkin and the Caps. Now that there's 31 teams (soon 32) there's going to be more and more superstars who never win a Cup. Hell, McDavid might never win a Cup. When it's all said and done, IMO, it would be a shame for Ovechkin to not have 1 Stanley Cup.

He's got to earn it like everyone else.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

But it would be even more of a shame for Sweaty Teddy to have one.

Reactions: domaug

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'm conflicted on whos bandwagon to jump on.

Capitals: No way.
Lightning: I wouldn't mind them winning, but the thought of Kunitz winning 3 in a row makes me want to vomit.
Predators: I like Bonino, I like Subban, I would love to see Fisher raise the cup as well, but those fans.. they deserve nothing..
Golden Knights: If Fleury wins it, I'll simultaneously be happy for him, but also disgusted because all the Fleury yinzers will come out of the woodwork in full force, more so than they currently are.
Jets: I just don't like them, part of that is based on those cheap shots they gave the Pens in those few previous games. I do like Liane though.

Who is the lesser of the evil's here?
Yeah, I'm not much of a bandwagoner myself. If it's not the Pens, I don't really root for anyone. There are a few teams I actively root against, either because they're rivals or their fanbase is full of asshats and clowns. Most of the teams, though, I'm kind of meh about, which is cool because I can just sit back and watch the sport without any stress attached.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i will never root for the Caps. they and a very loud, very vocal bulk of their fans are disgusting.

i won't actually "root" for anyone but it would be nice for either Tampa Bay or Las Vegas to win. f*** the Caps and i hate the Jets too.

Last edited:

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
The city of Winnipeg is long-suffering when it comes to the playoffs. The old and new Jets have never been past the 2nd round in their NHL history. It would be cool to see them win it all.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The city of Winnipeg is long-suffering when it comes to the playoffs. The old and new Jets have never been past the 2nd round in their NHL history. It would be cool to see them win it all.

Agreed them and TB are my go tos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->