incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
giphy.gif

Sep 19, 2008
If they won't punish UNC what in the world makes you think Alabama would be in trouble?

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
It might be over something minor and they're just getting ahead of it. Joker Phillips resigned from UF over having contact with a recruit during a dead period and I don't think UF received a noteworthy penalty for it.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I don't expect anything to come of this. Feels like OSU, USC and Penn State got worst of it (at least in a public opinion way) in recent years but since then NCAA seems either unwilling or unable to really come at schools anymore. (I'm looking at you Oregon and the last days of Chip Kelly).

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't expect anything to come of this. Feels like OSU, USC and Penn State got worst of it (at least in a public opinion way) in recent years but since then NCAA seems either unwilling or unable to really come at schools anymore. (I'm looking at you Oregon and the last days of Chip Kelly).

Colorado got it pretty bad. I've always felt Nebraska creating that BS image of class kept the NCAA off of them.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Colorado, SMU were hammered. Mostly because they were "upstart" programs that ruffled traditionalist feathers. They were doing the same **** all the powers were doing but were made an example of.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Penn State would of gotten it easier had it been anything other than what it was. I get that sounds stupid, but its just how big and awful child sexual abuse is, they were getting slammed even if they had won the previous 10 BCS titles. The real problem was JoePa turning a blind eye, had he not then the Lions would have been OK IMO.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Colorado got it pretty bad. I've always felt Nebraska creating that BS image of class kept the NCAA off of them.

Yeah. I'm talking about since then. Programs before the three I mentioned definitely got hit hard (SMU, most obviously). I was just saying that since USC, OSU and PSU about 5-6 years ago, the NCAA seems pretty toothless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad