Balsillie puts in $212.5 mil offer for the Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
What happens if this doesn't get decided before the season starts? Will the Coyotes still take part in the season despite being Bankrupt?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
at the court, key issue: who is in control of the team scheduled hearing for May 19th. NHL has not yet filed their motion on ownership, expected this afternoon

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
what a gong show...i can't believe the NHL wants to continue to leave a team in this dog's breaky

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
You know, I would LMAO if the bankruptcy court finds for Balsillie on every single point, and breaks the Coyotes arena lease, only to have Jerry Bruckheimer swoop in with a better bid and move the team to Vegas instead.

Just because I know that a certain contingent on these boards would absolutely explode with rage and indignation.

Well I can't speak for my other contingenters but I for one would only throw my hands up in the air and say "Oh well, we gave it a shot."

The rage would only occur if the Bruckheimer (or anybody else) were to underbid Balsillie and move the team to some other unproven market.

I'm only interested in fairness, I'm tired of the moving goal lines. I want to see Hamilton given a fair shot. If it fails, it fails, no teeth gnashing from me, unlike certain desert and honky tonk town residents we could mention.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
So much for getting this resolved anytime soon

https://twitter.com/TheYotesDiva

# @OdinMercer it was approved. All court dates will be in Phoenix3 minutes ago from txt

# Moving to have all proceedings to Phoenix passed9 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

# Presenting the bankruptcy case now.14 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

# Judge doesn't want to decide before the draft, says we don't have enough time.14 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

# Judge won't hear motions that haven't been filed yet. Nobody filed a motion about whether Moyes was actually able to file bankruptcy.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Is it wrong to laugh at the fact that TheYotesDiva is tweeting from the courtroom on a BlackBerry?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Judge said nothing about not deciding before the draft. NHL indicated that approval on a move would be impossible before end of 2009, however that was not on a formal motion.

debtors/moyes asked for expedited filing deadlines in case, Glendale objected and debtors withdrew request

The Pouzar

May 6, 2009
The Kop
Condition of relocation

It just dawned on me that the condition of JB to relocate the team will be discussed in this case , not as concerns moving the team to Ontario, but as a way to break the lease. Relocation in this sense could mean moving the team back to AWA to the bankruptcy court.
What can be argued is that the lease is required to be broken without penalty , so as to ensure that the secured creditors receive the maximum repayment of their debts. I think that any offer that to purchase the team will contain a clause like this because the lease is one of the main costs of operation.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
It just dawned on me that the condition of JB to relocate the team will be discussed in this case , not as concerns moving the team to Ontario, but as a way to break the lease. Relocation in this sense could mean moving the team back to AWA to the bankruptcy court.
What can be argued is that the lease is required to be broken without penalty , so as to ensure that the secured creditors receive the maximum repayment of their debts. I think that any offer that to purchase the team will contain a clause like this because the lease is one of the main costs of operation.

BUT...aren't the City of Glendale and the arena secured creditors?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm getting confused by all these different reports. Did the judge say that nothing can be decided before the NHL draft or did the judge approve the bankruptcy filing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad