News Article: Bally Sports prepping for Bankruptcy filing

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN

Article says they're attempting to workout a deal that centers around bankruptcy filing and equity swap with some of the creditors to pay off the debts. Not sure how/if this will directly affect the Predators or not. They're considering restructuring deals on the regional/sports level and possibly drop some markets or sports?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If Bally is dropping sports and/or markets then you'd have to think the Preds would be one of the first to go given our fanbase size. I really have no idea how these things work, but my reading of the last two paragraphs makes it sound like the games will stay on Bally for now until a longer term solution is found. Could have interesting cap implications too I would think.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I would think that if Bally goes under before the end of the season and can’t televise games that ESPN+ would lift their blackout criteria.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I would think that if Bally goes under before the end of the season and can’t televise games that ESPN+ would lift their blackout criteria.
The problem is ESPN+ just shows the Bally Sports broadcast so it is unclear to me how that would work if Bally went under. The NHL did put out a statement that games will still be broadcast some way though.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The problem wouldn't be a sudden loss of coverage. It would be the lack of payment to teams if Diamond Sports Group does go into a Chapter 11 filing. It would impact hockey revenues for over 1/3 of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad