Ballard KOd with M. Martin hit. Very scary

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ballard went to a wood a Martin hit and his head went into the boards and then hit the ice. He was out cold and then began to shake. Very scary.

4cSEa6y.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Ouch with that hit. I saw it live on the Islanders' broadcast. Ballard turned just prior to the hit. and the whiplash is what caused him to get hurt. Because Ballard turned just prior to the hit by Martin (when he went for the hit, he saw Ballard's face, but then Ballard turned around), I would be surprised if there is a suspension.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Looked like Ballard has a seizure. As he tried to spin away from the hit he hit his head on the open dasher along the bench then again on the ice.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Ouch with that hit. I saw it live on the Islanders' broadcast. Ballard turned just prior to the hit. and the whiplash is what caused him to get hurt. Because Ballard turned just prior to the hit by Martin (when he went for the hit, he saw Ballard's face, but then Ballard turned around), I would be surprised if there is a suspension.

There shouldn't be a suspension, Martin did nothing wrong. Unfortunate for Ballard, but him turning caused that to happen.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Definitely looked like a seizure. Thank goodness he came to and was able to leave without the stretcher. He's done for a good while. Scary as hell to watch. Accidental or not, Wild are ticked and this game is getting nasty.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I didn't see it but that sounds really scary. Best wishes to the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
Ballard tried to duck the hit and he hit the part of the curved glass and fell to the ice and hit his head again. He was knocked out and he tried getting back up but the trainer was holdinghim down. He did get up on his own. But he looked out of it. Hit didn't look that bad. Freak accident.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really think it's unsafe to go for a hit in that area, but he shouldn't be suspended, he didn't break any rules. Ballard trying to duck made it worse.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, let's not turn this into a pissing match about penalties and suspensions...

Hit was fine IMO. Ballard ducked out of the way and put himself in a bad spot.

-Wild fan

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Super scary I thought the guy was entering a shock with how he reacted afterwards, the emergency crew was actually too slow responding to how Ballard was behaving.

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
I don't think it was a seizure because its common to panic after getting KO'd and coming to. Remember Backes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad