Balej on the next HF's top 50 list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

Now that Balej is a Rangers, do you expect him making the next HF top 50? How high would you expect he fit in that list?

Just wondering because if so, cant see any reason to not considere a guy like Plekanec (who was ranked higher in our depth chart) as well. :amazed:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Taking a glance, I wouldn't put him on the bottom of the list as it stands now. He'd good, but this is one tough list to make.

I guess it depends on who graduates when they make the list again. If Balej is still considered a prospect at that point, and about 5 or 10 guys are not, then he might be able to crack the list. But also guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, etc will be on it. So it's too tough to even guess at without knowing who is eligible.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Til the End of Time said:
I am not a Toronto fan by any stretch of the imagination, but totally uncalled for and idiotic comments like this only reflect poorly on you.

it was a joke, why take it so hardly, do you want to ban humour from hfboards...

everyone knows leafs are an old team. it was sarcastic in a big way a way that cant be taken seriouly, just like.. humour.

anyway, good to see someone so true in this board. :bow:

:amazed:

Just kidding bro

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I don't really understand why him being traded would make his value go up in the prospect rankings...if this is more "whoa is us, our prospects are looked over" crap from Habs fans than I don't want to hear it.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Balej should be. I don't know what a top 50 prospect is if he isn't. The only thing working against him is his age. He's got skill, enough size not to be used as a negative, great instincts, hockey smarts and most important, past success. Also he is probably about as NHL ready as any prospect can be.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
As usual, the hawks will have several deserving prospects, but only one will make it, like every year.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
there's something wrong if he doesnt make it. they showed the wbs-hfd series on tv here, and he was a threat everytime he was on the ice.

db23

It isn't so much that he was traded that would affect his rating as the fact that he was probably the top offensive threat in the AHL last season and did fairly well in a dozen games with the Rangers late in the year. But Balej is pretty much a one trick pony. He would have to play on the top two lines to be effective.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
db23 said:
It isn't so much that he was traded that would affect his rating as the fact that he was probably the top offensive threat in the AHL last season and did fairly well in a dozen games with the Rangers late in the year. But Balej is pretty much a one trick pony. He would have to play on the top two lines to be effective.

And he will. IMO Balej has Val Bure potential. Not a superstar but a solid 2nd line offensive threat. I dunno if he's top 50 potential, but i think he should be at no worse #60

NewHabsEra*

rnyquist said:
And he will. IMO Balej has Val Bure potential. Not a superstar but a solid 2nd line offensive threat. I dunno if he's top 50 potential, but i think he should be at no worse #60

Balej is better than BuRE believe me... Balej can be effective along the board and play with aN edge, this guy will be a solid 2nd line winger in the NHL.

NewHabsEra*

Mountie said:
I don't really understand why him being traded would make his value go up in the prospect rankings...if this is more "whoa is us, our prospects are looked over" crap from Habs fans than I don't want to hear it.

That was only a way to say that yes, some of our prospects are effectively overlooked by many posters here... This is not crap, its the reality...

When people rank Habs 7-8th in the org ranking this is just laughable, never we can slip out the top 4. No organisation can compete our group of fowards...

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Guys, you have to come down about Balej.

I am a huge Balej fan and he wasn't a habs top 4 prospect so let's calm down about him being in the TOP 50. yes he did very well last season but it is because the whole Rangers roster just went to garbage except for Jagr. What if the Habs put this lineup up?

Kostitsyn-Koivu-Zednik
Hossa-Bulis-Perezhogin

Some prospects are always going to produce when they are givin the ice time, that's just how it works. If he did make the top 50, it should be in between 40-50 max.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
NewHabsArea said:
When people rank Habs 7-8th in the org ranking this is just laughable, never we can slip out the top 4. No organisation can compete our group of fowards...

*coughomercough*

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chaos said:
*coughomercough*

I won't go as far as to say no organization can compete with the Habs group of prospects, but before last years trade deadline when the Caps and and a few other teams loaded up on young prospects the Habs were no doubt the best organization in the league in terms of prospects, and yes, IMO, the Habs still rank in the top 4 in terms of prospects, they don't have a surefire superstar like Ovchekin or Lethonen, but they probably have the most ready NHL prospects than any other team...

There's a problem on this board, when Balej was with the Habs organization, everbody would say he's a soft skilled player and that he would never make it, as soon as he's traded, he's the most ready NHL prospect! Haters!

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
There's a problem on this board, when Balej was with the Habs organization, everbody would say he's a soft skilled player and that he would never make it, as soon as he's traded, he's the most ready NHL prospect! Haters!

Yeah, we all know how much the Rangers are beloved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad