B-Sens Balcers

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys! Just a quick question for those who have watched Balcers play in Belleville. How does he look? Is he good enough already to be called up for a few games this season?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Hi guys! Just a quick question for those who have watched Balcers play in Belleville. How does he look? Is he good enough already to be called up for a few games this season?

Yes can definitely play.p, especially with a player like Duchene goes to the net. Balcers is Very good around the net, plays with determination and has a good shot. Very good hunger to score. Not very big. Not fast but a good skater and solid on his skates.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, I'm hoping he gets a look at some point with the big team. It would be interesting to see him with Duchene on the top line.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
He's a replacement for Francis Perron at this point.

Perron leading the SJ Barracuda in goals and points. Was he just low on our lineup or something last year?

24 gp11 g13 a24 pts
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's shown a good release in Belleville and compliments good players like Batherson, Brown and Chlapik. I personally don't think he's anything special. I think all of Batherson, Brown and Chlapik are better players. Brown is playing catch up a bit due to a significant amount of time off as a result of injury. Balcers will have his work cut out for him to get called up.

Reactions: aragorn and Boud

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dorion seemed to hint at him having a crappy attitude.
His "crappy" attitude was largely in part to the organisations handling of him.

Any guy like him who gets healthy scratched and played on the 4th line (of course he's going to play bad in a role he cannot play, he's an offensive winger...) while guys like Sexton, Rienhart, Blunden, Dido, Randell, Werek, McCormick, Rodewald get playing time in the top 6 would be unhappy. Even guys like Boston Leier, Ryan Scarfo and Eric Selleck were getting time over him at the end of the season.

Our AHL team was managed by terrible hockey people in Lee and Klienendorst, both were long overdue to be let go. They were a bad team where guys without a future were given the development time, which should have been dealt with a year ago.

We see this year that our actual NHL prospects are getting the development time from Mann, that was far, farrrr from the case with Lee and Kleinendorst

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Any guy like him who gets healthy scratched and played on the 4th line (of course he's going to play bad in a role he cannot play, he's an offensive winger...) while guys like Sexton, Rienhart, Blunden, Dido, Randell, Werek, McCormick, Rodewald get playing time in the top 6 would be unhappy. Even guys like Boston Leier, Ryan Scarfo and Eric Selleck were getting time over him at the end of the season.

Our AHL team was managed by terrible hockey people in Lee and Klienendorst, both were long overdue to be let go. They were a bad team where guys without a future were given the development time, which should have been dealt with a year ago.

We see this year that our actual NHL prospects are getting the development time from Mann, that was far, farrrr from the case with Lee and Kleinendorst

Yah totally agree. Perron was shafted. He is a heady skilled, play maker .. and got virtually zero opportunity to play to his strengths. Obviously not a Lee type of player because he's not a crash, bang, brawl type. Development was piss poor in Belleville last year.. despite what Dorion and Boucher say about the time White and Chabot played down there.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Sad thing is Perron was thought of as a pretty good prospect, and he was/still is. It's kind of forgotten now, but most of us were excited to see him play in Belleville/Bingo after he dominated in the Q. I can't believe how bad Kleinendorst was as a coach in his role. His role was to develop young players and yet he managed to do the complete opposite of that last season. Even Lajoie played in the ECHL when he was clearly one of our best defensemen available.

In the trade we essentially gave up Perron to acquire a similar level prospect in Balcers. The difference in production was mostly a result of how both of them were used. I wouldn't be surprised if Perron ends up being an NHLer. He has the IQ, will/drive, and leadership qualities to make it. He's talented but he's also a hard working player. There's a reason he was captain of R-N.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Even Lajoie played in the ECHL when he was clearly one of our best defensemen available.

I mean yeah he played in the ECHL but it was one game and fairly certain it was when he first came back from an injury. I keep seeing this about lajoie it’s not like he was there for an extentent period of time. It was one game.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I mean yeah he played in the ECHL but it was one game and fairly certain it was when he first came back from an injury. I keep seeing this about lajoie it’s not like he was there for an extentent period of time. It was one game.

That's fair, although his usage was poor as well so point is still stands

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Perron leading the SJ Barracuda in goals and points. Was he just low on our lineup or something last year?

24 gp11 g13 a24 pts
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Didn't Balcers also lead that team last yr? I think they are both good AHL players, I'd be surprised if either makes an impact at the NHL level but hopefully Balcers does since he is now on our team.

I don't think coach KK was that bad, he developed a number of prospects that won the Calder Cup a number of yrs ago, it was time for a change though. Lee on the other hand I don't think had the hockey background to make any significant decisions & PD made most of the hockey decisions regarding the AHL affiliate. They didn't even bother to replace Lee which should tell us exactly his worth to the org. I'll give him this, for a strength & conditioning coach he was able to hold a few different jobs with the organization since the beginning but managed to screw that up too.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

If there's one thing we can all agree here is that Dorion is a good talent evaluator.

Doesn't mean he's never wrong of course but he felt comfortable calling out Perron on the radio and then traded him away.

We shall see if he made a big mistake but I'm not expecting that he did. Plenty of players do well in the AHL without being able to cut it in the NHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If there's one thing we can all agree here is that Dorion is a good talent evaluator.

Doesn't mean he's never wrong of course but he felt comfortable calling out Perron on the radio and then traded him away.

We shall see if he made a big mistake but I'm not expecting that he did. Plenty of players do well in the AHL without being able to cut it in the NHL.
The trade was a mutual parting

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sure. Not sure what that changes though.

If Dorion had hopes Perron could become a serious NHL player he wouldn't have thrown him in the Karlsson trade.
Of course it changes things, it wasn't exactly unknown that Perron and the Sens weren't happy with one another.

It's no surprise San Jose wanted Perron, they watched Timo Meier and him play together in RN. They know what he is, and slotted him in a position that he can play his game, something that he wasn't afforded here.

They asked for him, Dorion was more than happy to give a player who was disgruntled, and rightfully so, at the way he was treated. Win-win, they make the trade while moving a guy where there is mutual animosity.

I have no problem with Perron being moved, but that has more to do with the terrible way he was deployed by the geniuses that are Randy Lee and Kurt Kleinendorst. He is no worse a prospect than Balcers, a guy Dorion "must" view as a serious NHL player seeing he took him for Karlsson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sure. Not sure what that changes though.

If Dorion had hopes Perron could become a serious NHL player he wouldn't have thrown him in the Karlsson trade.
Well he seems to be a verrrry good ahl player at a reallly young age. So.....still not something you should throw in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad