Balancing training camp with WCOH

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So we all know how important the start to next season is.

Torts already is working on his plan for training camp next year on how the team needs to prepare differently. How will the CBJ balance training camp and the World Cup considering 4 plays and the head coach will be missing for a bit of it. If I understand correctly, training camps will open on Sept 22 while the WCOH runs from Sept. 17 until Oct. 1.

I'm a bit concerned of starting training camp time without a head coach. Are the CBJ screwed and destined for another bad start next year? Especially if Team USA goes deep into the tournament?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So we all know how important the start to next season is.

Torts already is working on his plan for training camp next year on how the team needs to prepare differently. How will the CBJ balance training camp and the World Cup considering 4 plays and the head coach will be missing for a bit of it. If I understand correctly, training camps will open on Sept 22 while the WCOH runs from Sept. 17 until Oct. 1.

I'm a bit concerned of starting training camp time without a head coach. Are the CBJ screwed and destined for another bad start next year? Especially if Team USA goes deep into the tournament?

It does seem like goofy timing to me. I guess he'll have the assistants run camp. Plus we'll be missing Jones, Murray Saad, Bob and maybe Jenner.

Are you sure your camp dates are right? Doesn't seem like they are as I think about it.

Edit: I looked it up and you're right, But if the USA doesn't make the finals Torts will be done by 9/25.
My guess is the young guys will be done then too. Bob too unless Russia makes the final. So it might not be too bad.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It'll be interesting to see what staffing moves get made this offseason. Is torts going to bring in some of his own guys, or will he just had off the team to the asst. coaches? Besides with todays technology its not like communication is an issue.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Having a full coaching staff present in training camp hasn't seemed to have been of great benefit to this organization.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
The CBJ always have a long pre-season anyways. It starts in September and runs thru Mid-January. By that point they are ready to begin the 30 game season. This WCOH shouldn't effect things too much.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Other NHL teams will also be without their players and coaches at that time.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I find it ironic that i could be the genesis for this tank avoidance run. No more threads until next year. :laugh:

What the hell do you mean, theres still a draft lottery thread you need to make :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad