Pre-Game Talk: Bakersfield Condors vs Florida Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
How much money on Tippett not dressing Benson or giving him a measly 5 minutes of ice time?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
How much money on Tippett not dressing Benson or giving him a measly 5 minutes of ice time?

My bet is benson is put on the haas line, which is going to be competing with the cave line. The coach seems to trust cave russell khaira and even Granlund (based on earlier usage) than he does benson and haas. So unless the haas/benson duo makes a good impression immediately, or we take a big early lead and the coach rolls 4 lines, I think benson sees the least time of anyone tomorrow.

also wouldn’t surprise me if he sits and Granlund has a spot instead.

Tippett doesn’t seem to think benson is ready for the NHL at this point in even a limited role. The callup seems more like a reward for him playing well so he can collect an nhl paycheque while practicing with the nhl team than it does the coach thinking he’ll make more of an impact than any other call up options.

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
Hoping they pull out a W against the Panthers but even if they don't, Oilers still win the 'scariest mascot" battle. Drawing Hunter gives me nightmares

vs.png

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Well at least if the Oilers lose I can take a bit of solace in the fact it screws the Leafs a bit.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Love this title for its cleverness... hate this thread title for its accuracy

Reactions: Mez

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think Bob is day to day, which is too bad, as he has been horrible For them lately. I need to finally take the plunge and drop him from my fantasy team. Keep thinking he’ll turn it around, but 50 games in and doesn’t look like it.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I think we give Melissa another chance @Cloned.

We one our first game without McD and held our own against the Lightning without him. There are plenty of videos of her singing on YT.

Reactions: Cloned

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
So no McDavid, Neal, Nygård, or Kassian; on a team that already lacked depth...

So how do they make this work? My preference for the lines behind the top one.

Benson-Haas-Gagner
Granlund-Sheahan-Archibald
Khaira-Cave-Chiasson

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
So no McDavid, Neal, Nygård, or Kassian; on a team that already lacked depth...

So how do they make this work? My preference for the lines behind the top one.

Benson-Haas-Gagner
Granlund-Sheahan-Archibald
Khaira-Cave-Chiasson

Our whole top line is gone.

I've been cautiously optimistic to this point but gotta say this is bleak.

Every game from now till post season are "the most important" but these two games in the South really are.

The next 7 games "could" make or break the Oilers and I can't realistically expect them to win many/any of them.

I don't blame Holland for not getting help. The team has been too inconsistent and their current situation shows how they need cost controlled drafted help/depth badly.

I can't blame Kassian even tho his suspension is a big part of the Oilers desperation. It was a stupid mistake but one I believe was blown out of proportion and unfortunately part of the package for this type of player. Kassian is no Marchand but there's another example of a player that misses significant time due to suspension that you just have to accept the good with the bad.

Back to topic. There is no line combination that matters.

Keep Archibald and Sheahan together and manage their ice time as best you can with keeping a back to back scenario in mind.

I do not like the way Tippett overplays his guys but... I don't know how you get away from playing the top line over 25 minutes, Archibald and Sheahan over 18 and the rest with whatever you can do to limit scoring chances against.

It's really ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->