Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This Bakersfield roster is terrible. Woof!

There are virtually no worthwhile prospects on the roster (no future Oilers) outside of McLeod and a guy who doesn't get talked about enough in Lennstrom. It's basically a bunch of AHL lifers so I guess in that sense they should be pretty good at that level but not much talent compared to most other AHL teams.

Reactions: gordonhught

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
There are virtually no worthwhile prospects on the roster (no future Oilers) outside of McLeod and a guy who doesn't get talked about enough in Lennstrom. It's basically a bunch of AHL lifers so I guess in that sense they should be pretty good at that level but not much talent compared to most other AHL teams.

What about Benson? Has he fallen off the "prospect" list?

I guess your post confirms the fact that the Oilers would be wise to add Samorukov, Holloway and Lavoie in March/April. Maybe Maksimov too.
I am not sure about Kemp.

Reactions: Senor Catface

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I thought last season's team was offensively inept. Wow... it's going to be a long season for the Condors.
I wonder if it’s just a lack of camp/preseason that’s hurting them right now. Guys like Griffith and Quine have shown to be stars in the AHL before and we saw what Benson and Marody could. I’d imagine the offense will come around.

Reactions: oilers'72

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I wonder if it’s just a lack of camp/preseason that’s hurting them right now. Guys like Griffith and Quine have shown to be stars in the AHL before and we saw what Benson and Marody could. I’d imagine the offense will come around.

Griffith, Quine, and Marody are the best forwards. The D are pretty active offensively too. There’s just zero elite skill. Griffith might be he closest but that’s pretty sad. McLeod is just frustrating.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Griffith, Quine, and Marody are the best forwards. The D are pretty active offensively too. There’s just zero elite skill. Griffith might be he closest but that’s pretty sad. McLeod is just frustrating.
McLeod is a lesser skilled RNH.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Few highlights from tonight’s game.

Defensively they were solid 95% of the game but 3 brainfarts lead to odd man chances (the worst led to the GWG against). So disappointed with the Condors forwards but the Knights weren’t any better. Krebs was neutralized all night.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I’m glad the AHL stream borked mid second period because it was painful to watch the offensively inept Condors. When Seth Griffith is the most skilled and dynamic player on your team... you know there are issues.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
KHL regular season ends in 2 weeks. Other Euro leagues likely around that time too. We may see a lot of quality prospects returning to AHL in a month.
Don’t get too excited. KHL ends Feb 27 but CSKA and Lokomotiv will be among the favourites in a sixteen team playoff. SHL goes til Mar 25 and Broberg’s Skelleftea will make the playoffs. Lavoie and Kemp will be back in late March as Vasby won’t see playoffs. Those two can help the last half of the season but the rest will only see maybe 10 games and playoffs(questionable)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Condors go up 2-0 with two quick goals then I tune into the Oilers game and they score 2 quick ones too.

Gulls get two back quickly too. Booo...

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

I've really been pulling for McLeod to make the Oilers but 5 games into the Condor schedule and he is 0-0-0 across the board? 2 penalty minutes at least.

If he is ever going to be a regular NHLer then you would think that he'd be stepping it up here. Ditto for Benson who is also off to a slow start.

As someone said a few months ago, perhaps Holloway has jumped up to the top spot on the "prospects" list.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad