Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The D looks strong. Forwards should be better than last year but I’m not sure how much. Goaltending looks questionable.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Does anyone have a boxscore for our one preseason game?

Can't seem to find one online as of yet.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Malone with the C, Stanton and Benson with A's.

Benson getting an A over older guys like Marody, Gambardella, Esposito etc is really interesting to me. Maybe the org hasn't written him off just yet.

Should they write him off?

I mean this time last year (or rather 13 months) he had better results than Yama in the AHL, and people were demanding he get a shot.

He's had two decent camps to my eye, but just got stuck behind a log jam of LW'ers.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Benson's major problem is his skating. He's just so slow. Hasn't improved much in a year and it was obvious in the AHL All-Star game he was the slowest of the bunch.

Benson is Gagner 2.0... there is a role for him but maybe not on the Oilers.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
For anyone wanting to catch the Condors game @ 8 pm mountain time tonite:

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

5AC3687D-3952-498F-9821-0C845C8B1A09.jpeg

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Benson's major problem is his skating. He's just so slow. Hasn't improved much in a year and it was obvious in the AHL All-Star game he was the slowest of the bunch.

Is that true today though?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Been watching Zegras. I never scouted him before. He is SMALL and pretty weak on the puck but once he gets the puck makes some nice passes... I can't tell who he reminds me of. His skating is just average for the AHL (he's noticeable slower than De Leo and McLeod). He's not a center for the Gulls either. Definitely would love a forward prospect like him in our system but for some reason I thought he'd be more like Kane and less like Gagner.

Chase De Leo is a beast.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I've only been in and out watching. Lots of new names.

Except for Malone, McLeod, Marody, and Desharnais... I don't recognize anybody. Same problem as last season... offensively inept and suspect goaltending (holy rebound control Rodrigue).

Gulls aren't a great team either. 2 fluky goals but well earned because they forecheck, battle, shoot.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
2021-22 Condors will be a lot of fun.

Potentially adding Holloway, Broberg, Blumel, Samorukov, Tullio to this group.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Dostal >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rodrigue

Terrible rebound control and he let a squeaker five-hole.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Yes he has improved if you keep watching the guy play. He played over in Europe and his skating has gotten much better. It's progressed more each season so don't make definite assumptions like " Benson is Gagner 2.0". How would you know? He played 7 NHL games las season and looked like an NHLer playing on the 4th line. Managed an assist as well.

If we didn't have that many LWers who can play, Benson would be in the NHL I bet

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Yes he has improved if you keep watching the guy play. He played over in Europe and his skating has gotten much better. It's progressed more each season so don't make definite assumptions like " Benson is Gagner 2.0". How would you know? He played 7 NHL games las season and looked like an NHLer playing on the 4th line. Managed an assist as well.

If we didn't have that many LWers who can play, Benson would be in the NHL I bet

Prior to this year's NHL draft I thought (from clips I have seen) that Makisimov was the potential "sniper" prospect in the system but nothing much seems to materialize in terms of goals and he isn't exactly lighting it up in Russia either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->