Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So who do you blame for him not getting into any games? It is obviously something that doesn't sit right by you, do you see it as a blame that goes 2-3 ways or is it all on one party?

I don't blame anyone. I don't think we know enough to be assigning blame, and there's nothing to be assigning blame about. Making an appearance in the AHL would have been a nice feather in Tullio's cap this season.

There could be any number of reasons that blocked Tullio from an AHL cup of coffee. The Condors run a tight ship personnel wise and after their rocky start perhaps that tightened even more. Running 7 D every game probably didn't help. Like you said, maybe lingering injury, or prospect hierarchy and contract status necessitated other looks, or perhaps the release was unforeseen and interrupted a potential appearance later in the season.

But the reason people latched onto was that Tullio by virtue was not good enough, not ready, judge by the coaching staff and found wanting, and the organization doesn't have faith in him. The discussion on why he isn't good enough boiled from "OHL D+1 don't play in the AHL" to "he's not elite like Byfield or Perfetti" to "he's only a 5th round pick", and when I showed that playing in the AHL for the 2020 OHL draft class was not an uncommon feat., nobody wanted to talk about it anymore and the discussion ended at "Tullio is not good enough; Soli is his mom", which is an unfair conclusion for Tullio. I would be a horrible parent.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Kesselring with his 1st AHL goal. Marody assist.

Lavoie heating back up at the right time, hopefully doesn't cool by next weekend. Benson and Marody the apples.

Lavoie shot on the PP is redirected by Hamblin for the tying tally. Benson the other apple.

Benson and Griffith score in the shootout. Rodrigue picks up the win in the final regular season game for the Condors.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't blame anyone. I don't think we know enough to be assigning blame, and there's nothing to be assigning blame about. Making an appearance in the AHL would have been a nice feather in Tullio's cap this season.

There could be any number of reasons that blocked Tullio from an AHL cup of coffee. The Condors run a tight ship personnel wise and after their rocky start perhaps that tightened even more. Running 7 D every game probably didn't help. Like you said, maybe lingering injury, or prospect hierarchy and contract status necessitated other looks, or perhaps the release was unforeseen and interrupted a potential appearance later in the season.

But the reason people latched was that Tullio by virtue was not good enough, not ready, judge by the coaching staff and found wanting, and the organization doesn't have faith in him. The discussion on why he isn't good enough boiled from "OHL D+1 don't play in the AHL" to "He's not elite like Byfield or Perfetti" to "he's only a 5th round pick", and when I showed that playing in the AHL for the 2020 OHL draft class was not an uncommon feat., nobody wanted to talk about it anymore and the discussion ended at "Tullio is not good enough; Soli is his mom", which is an unfair conclusion for Tullio. I would be a horrible parent.

All fair points. To the bolded, you definitely would stick up for your kids, as long as you only do so when they are in the right and teach them when they are not, IMO you'd be a very good parent ;)

We'll never know the whole story as to why he didn't play at all, hopefully next season he comes in and kicks some ass for us.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nice to see Kesselring get his first, Lavoie with a couple of points after a lengthy drought and both Marody and Benson hit the scoreboard.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
All fair points. To the bolded, you definitely would stick up for your kids, as long as you only do so when they are in the right and teach them when they are not, IMO you'd be a very good parent ;)

I was just bringing some brevity. I'm gonna be an awesome dad, I'll just never be allowed to talk to my kid's coach.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I was just bringing some brevity. I'm gonna be an awesome dad, I'll just never be allowed to talk to my kid's coach.

I have had fall outs with some of my son's coaches. I don't ever expect anything but a fair shake. If I see favoritism or mistreatment I don't stand for that shit at all. The coaches that are in it for the kids and the love of the game are great. The ones that are in it to stroke their own ego aren't worth a fiddlers fart.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I have had fall outs with some of my son's coaches. I don't ever expect anything but a fair shake. If I see favoritism or mistreatment I don't stand for that shit at all. The coaches that are in it for the kids and the love of the game are great. The ones that are in it to stroke their own ego aren't worth a fiddlers fart.
I was the good cop and made my wife send in nasty emails to team manager against the kids' coaches ;)

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
so the condors are good / have the one of the best goalies in the league, every second year?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
so the condors are good / have the one of the best goalies in the league, every second year?

Starrett was excellent then got injured and his career hasn't been the same.

This season I think it's Condors team D that has been excellent. Skinner is just above-average for AHL not elite like Cal Petersen.

If you watch a team like the Reign... they have terrible D. Durzi and Phillips are good for horrible giveaways that lead to goals against. Condors rarely make such mistakes.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Starrett was excellent then got injured and his career hasn't been the same.

This season I think it's Condors team D that has been excellent. Skinner is just above-average for AHL not elite like Cal Petersen.

If you watch a team like the Reign... they have terrible D. Durzi and Phillips are good for horrible giveaways that lead to goals against. Condors rarely make such mistakes.

it was tongue-in-cheek, i'm appreciative for your takes about the condors.

Reactions: oilers'72 and voxel

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
That 1 game cup of tea in NHL seems to have helped him it seems.
PS> No Holloway??

Probably more likely just playing again is what helped him.

People forget that he hadn’t played a competitive game in 9 months and was thrust into an NHL game.

He’a still a very intriguing prospect at only 22, which is still quite young for a goalie.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Dostal a wall tonight. #Shutout. Nothing is getting throughout like a shutout.

3PP goals against the Condors (so much for a #1PK) while Dostal is nursing a shutout.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The goat horns tonight belong to Gravel who was terrible all season. Him and Stanton are the weak links on D... on a team with too many D.

Gildon(3A), Griffith(1G, 2A), Skinner, and Benson/Marody/Lavoie were best players on the Condors tonight.

upload_2021-5-21_23-42-56.png

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The goat horns tonight belong to Gravel who was terrible all season. Him and Stanton are the weak links on D... on a team with too many D.

Gildon(3A), Griffith(1G, 2A), Skinner, and Benson/Marody/Lavoie were best players on the Condors tonight.

View attachment 437198

So basically our pro scouting still blows at all levels? Gravel and Stanton were both "comfort" signings, both were here in the past. Our pro scouting needs to be sent to the moon.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So basically our pro scouting still blows at all levels? Gravel and Stanton were both "comfort" signings, both were here in the past. Our pro scouting needs to be sent to the moon.

The vet forwards have worked out well... Malone, Cracknell, Griffith. Those guys play a responsible two-way game. The vet D... yeah no. The AHL UFA D like Jaks and Kaldis have been good. Same with Desharnais (does not have an NHL contract yet).

At 5v5, the Condors dominated the first two periods but around the 3rd period they started giving away horrible grade A chances against.

Lavioe LOOKED great early in the game but ended up with no points. That's becoming too common for him. His line gets scoring chances but there's no finish.

I'm glad NBCSN continued to air the Bruins-Caps game late because I ended up watching the Condors instead of the Oilers (which I saw parts of it and did not look good).

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
@voxel or anyone else who watches the Condors, what kind of defensive system do they play? It's not the same collapsing thing the Oilers do, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad