Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Perhaps he wasn’t. He played elsewhere this season. Other guys didn’t.

Bakersfield has had guys like Safin sitting because the had too many bodies.

Not sure why you’ve latched onto this non-issue.

Martin Chromiak played in Europe this season.

Oooo this passive aggressiveness at the end of my post will show him. Keep showing how uninterested you are in talking about this non-issue though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Martin Chromiak played in Europe this season.

Oooo this passive aggressiveness at the end of my post will show him. Keep showing how uninterested you are in talking about this non-issue though.

Passive aggressive? I’m just saying it’s not as big an issue as you’re making it out to be.

Bakersfield already had too many forwards.

Tullio practiced with the team for awhile and they felt he wasn’t at a place yet to move the dial for them.

It would have been great if he did get one game but it’s not the end of the world and doesn’t mean much in the long run.

I’m going to leave it at this because we’ve been over it and it’s repetitive at this point.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg

Reactions: oilers'72 and North

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Before McLeod's callup, I would have guessed Holloway and Hamblin would have made up the "4th" line, but now I imagine he'll slide right between Benson and Marody for the Pacific division playoffs.

Benson - Holloway - Marody
Lavoie - Cracknell - Griffith
Gambradella - Malone - Esposito
Hamblin - Stuckel/Safin

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Before McLeod's callup, I would have guessed Holloway and Hamblin would have made up the "4th" line, but now I imagine he'll slide right between Benson and Marody for the Pacific division playoffs.

Hamblin - Stuckel/Safin

Should of been Tulio ;)

In seriousness I'm excited to see his game

Reactions: North and Cloned

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Hamblin - Stuckel/Safin

I think Marody has shifted back to C.

Cracknell and Malone are too good to play below Holloway.

Holloway will play some shifts here and there but won't be a regular. Safin's improvement make me want him 100% in the lineup... even over Holloway.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Holloway will play some shifts here and there but won't be a regular. Safin's improvement make me want him 100% in the lineup... even over Holloway.
I dunno, I think if he does start lower in the line up he will work his way up quick. Marody's line has been a ghost of its former self with McLeod called up, and they could desperately use an elite skating centre who can carry the puck and play a 2-way game. The logical choice is to try him there and shift Marody back to wing with Safin dropping down the line up.

I would be very surprised if he isn't a regular with how good he's been this season in the NCAA.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
When do the playoffs start? For those of us that don’t follow the Condors (don’t shoot me pls)
Play in rounds to determine the 4th place team are May 18th and 19th. The Condors won't be playing in those, but they will be playing in a best of 3 semi-finals that is supposed to conclude by May 24th. My guess is they probably play their first playoff game on May 21st.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Should of been Tulio ;)

In seriousness I'm excited to see his game

You spew so much garbage, most days I can't tell which end you're speaking out of. :)

Marody shifted back to C to accommodate Safin.

I dunno, I feel like Woodcroft has his lines pretty set. Not sure the point of taking Lavoie off the Crack/Griff line and I wouldn't staple Holloway to the Malone/Gambradella veteran grind line. The roster is littered with people who can take face-offs but coming off the thumb injury, not sure he'll take his full allotment.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Oh... I thought that AHL playoffs were cancelled. It's good that we get a bit more hockey for the young guys.

I haven't watched an AHL game since the Barons, but i might have to get a look now that Holloway is expected to play.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not going to lie if the thumb is still an issue, they'd be far better to just shut him down/red-shirt him.

The worst thing they could have happen is him re-injuring it, and spending a majority of his off season rehabbing it and not training.

Agreed, let it heal properly so that he has a good offseason of training so that he's ready to tear the NHL a new one at TC next season.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Not going to lie if the thumb is still an issue, they'd be far better to just shut him down/red-shirt him.

The worst thing they could have happen is him re-injuring it, and spending a majority of his off season rehabbing it and not training.

100 % what they should do, I concur. I think he mentioned in a interview that if the break isn't healed properly, it's a issue that can effect him negatively for the remainder of his playing career. Just let the kid heal; it's the best possible coarse of action for both parties.

Agreed, let it heal properly so that he has a good offseason of training so that he's ready to tear the NHL a new one at TC next season.

I can't help but think back to Broberg's injury in the world juniors. He had a incredible start, making a joke out of the tournament with a 3 point game (all in the first period I believe?) before injuring his shoulder.

Ken Holland was made available for interview shortly after. He acknowledged the injury and was pleased to hear that Broberg chose to play through it as that's often a positive trait in the NHL game. I remember thinking WTH, you shouldn't be wanting a guy you went out on a limb to select 8th overall to be playing through injury in this tournament. Shut him down if you can. As it turns out, it continued to effect his play through out the world juniors and regular season for his club team.

I understood Broberg's position though, he's honored, and want's to be one of the guys to win gold for his nation. He showed he has heart and will do the same if the Oilers require (playoffs/stanley cup). In that scenario I support him (Ken Holland's frame of thinking)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->