Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I'd run him down the middle unless we see Holloway as a C long term. Marody IMO is all but finished as a NHL prospect unless he has a huge offseason and makes significant strides this season.

Are you thinking of McLeod on the 4th line? I believe Holloway was drafted on the basis he will be a pro center but that is 2-3 years away and if you can possibly develop another C with size and speed that's a unicorn outside of a top 10 pick. Having said that Mcleod's lack of snipe looks eerily like his brother's. He has an NHL physical package but the scoring may prevent him from ever being a top 9 guy.

Doesn't shoot enough and is 7% when he does. Guys who never shoot usually can't be made to so for any success he will be challenged. He probably has to get to 2 SOG per game and a % of at least 10. Otherwise he becomes a winger and scratching for minutes. I liked the pick a lot when they made it and to me he looks better than his stat line but what does a 5g forward in the AHL typically develop into?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Are you thinking of McLeod on the 4th line? I believe Holloway was drafted on the basis he will be a pro center but that is 2-3 years away and if you can possibly develop another C with size and speed that's a unicorn outside of a top 10 pick. Having said that Mcleod's lack of snipe looks eerily like his brother's. He has an NHL physical package but the scoring may prevent him from ever being a top 9 guy.

Doesn't shoot enough and is 7% when he does. Guys who never shoot usually can't be made to so for any success he will be challenged. He probably has to get to 2 SOG per game and a % of at least 10. Otherwise he becomes a winger and scratching for minutes. I liked the pick a lot when they made it and to me he looks better than his stat line but what does a 5g forward in the AHL typically develop into?

3C for McLeod, IMO Holloway likely ends up being a Jack of all trades top 6 winger that can slot in at C if there are injuries.

Reactions: ImmuneEH

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Bernd Freimüller on two Bakersfield players loaned to Europe right now:

On Yannis Kaldis:

Pro: Moves his feet well, with & without the puck. Offers himself as a passing option. Can carry the puck. At times finds open ice offensively. Rather relaxed in his own zone , defends with feet and stick.
Contra: No physical game, would meet his limits in the NHL. Good puck skills, but not (yet) commanding offensively or on the powerplay.
State as of now: Plays on the top pairing with a veteran on his team in the Austrian league. Would find himself further down the depth chart in the AHL or even in the ECHL, depening on the depth of the organization.
Three-year prediction: Could play a good role in the AHL.

On Devin Brosseau:

Pro: Good size and most of all reach. Can carry puck around opponents, good one-vs-one, hidden and quick shots. Wins pucks with his poke checks.
Contra: Appears sluggish at times, would have to move feet more often and more dynamically. Defensively often looking for his position, not a penalty-killer. How many fire is there in his game?
State as of now: On the second powerplay unit on his team in the Austrian league. Plays winger and not center as originally announced. Two-way game wouldn't look good in the AHL. Slight uptrend since the beginning of his first senior season.
Three-year prediction: More likely in Europe than in North America.

Source (in German): https://www.laola1.at/de/red/winter...wie-sieht-die-zukunft-der-nhl-leihgaben-aus-/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
3C for McLeod, IMO Holloway likely ends up being a Jack of all trades top 6 winger that can slot in at C if there are injuries.

Agreed. Personally I think Holloway will project as a top six winger who can skate, hit and play a gritty game. His playing style and size will complement very well to the Oil elite McDavid and Draisaitl. But his versatility as a centre/wing is always a valuable asset along with experience to pk.

McLeod is a pure centre who can hopefully develop his playmaking skill at the pro level while continuing to grow a pretty solid defensive game. There's a reasonable slow cook development path with Turris signed for two years.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Even in Sag and Miss, McLeod was impressive with his 200 ft game. Never put up a ton of points but was intricate in many other facets of the game. If he can get some confidence and start taking more shots will actually be giving his wingers more room and not being so predictable in dumping the puck off to them. He has the tools to improve IMO into a top 3C in time.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
That D group is...interesting.
On paper it’s pretty good. Stanton and Gravel are both established quality defensemen at the AHL level. Lennnstrom and Niemelainen have both found success playing pro in Europe and even Jaks put up some decent numbers in the KHL to start this year out(4 points in 17 games). Not much in the name of prospects but they should be good for giving the young goalie prospects a lot of support.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought Kemp back over to play in Bako.

Looks like he's struggling a bit over there just judging by the numbers.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
On paper it’s pretty good. Stanton and Gravel are both established quality defensemen at the AHL level. Lennnstrom and Niemelainen have both found success playing pro in Europe and even Jaks put up some decent numbers in the KHL to start this year out(4 points in 17 games). Not much in the name of prospects but they should be good for giving the young goalie prospects a lot of support.

Stanton is a great AHL D man and Gravel should be excellent too. The rest I’m not so sure about. Persson was a disaster for the Condors.

The forward lineup looks like an upgrade from previous seasons (minus Yams and Krill) but that goaltending... ooof.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Gravel is a good add on an AHL deal but yeah that D is...not strong. The AHL teams of the American NHL teams in the division definitely have an advantage given they have an easier time moving players between the taxi squad and the AHL team. The Condors and Heat would obviously have more depth in a normal season but the Oilers and Flames have to keep more players in Canada to safeguard against Covid and don't have the luxury of not having to quarantine their players when calling them up. C'est la vie.

Reactions: oilers'72

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought Kemp back over to play in Bako.

Looks like he's struggling a bit over there just judging by the numbers.

I wonder if the Oilers agreed to leave both Lavoie and Kemp there the whole season in order to get Vasby to agree to take them.

Reactions: nabob

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What's the deal with Lavoie? Is he committed to Vasby for the rest of the season or does he have an out clause to come over to Bakersfield? I'd much rather him be in the AHL this season than a 2nd rate Swedish league.

Edit: I see @North is wondering the same thing.

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009
What's the deal with Lavoie? Is he committed to Vasby for the rest of the season or does he have an out clause to come over to Bakersfield? I'd much rather him be in the AHL this season than a 2nd rate Swedish league.

I remember when Kemp went to Vasby they had to drop a d man so I wonder if they needed some roster certainty before they agreed to the loans.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB

Kemp I'm not 100% sure but Lavoie from what I know will be there for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->