Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
New thread for a hopefully new season.

Can’t see it right now. No attendance no revenue no games. I could see the Canadian teams running their prospects in a 1 year Canadian league and doing pay per view or something like that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Can’t see it right now. No attendance no revenue no games. I could see the Canadian teams running their prospects in a 1 year Canadian league and doing pay per view or something like that.

It is a tough sell for sure. Gate revenue driven league where some cities already dont support the product at the best of times. Hopefully it doesnt affect our prospects development this upcoming season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't see anyone paying to see that to be honest. If anything Sportsnet or TSN would just buy the rights and show it on one of their many channels.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The biggest issue I see is we really don't even know how the NHL is going to look next year at this point. The hope is probably to play in every arena, but after what has gone on in Baseball I don't think you can make that decision for a few months at this point.

I feel the NHL is going to have to be kicking in a lot of money to get any sort of AHL season, but some sort of season is going to be needed. There are only so many prospects that can go over to Europe. That and how many are going to want to go to Europe if they are from North America?

Do you look at hub cities where guys aren't actually playing in NHL arenas, but more the community rinks that a City would have? Each division in one City?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I can't see anyone paying to see that to be honest. If anything Sportsnet or TSN would just buy the rights and show it on one of their many channels.

If they included it with the Oilers season tickets that would be pretty cool. CHL, AHL, NHL. My wife would divorce me for sure.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The biggest issue I see is we really don't even know how the NHL is going to look next year at this point. The hope is probably to play in every arena, but after what has gone on in Baseball I don't think you can make that decision for a few months at this point.

I feel the NHL is going to have to be kicking in a lot of money to get any sort of AHL season, but some sort of season is going to be needed. There are only so many prospects that can go over to Europe. That and how many are going to want to go to Europe if they are from North America?

Do you look at hub cities where guys aren't actually playing in NHL arenas, but more the community rinks that a City would have? Each division in one City?

I could see a few tourney type settings in Hubs for next year. Say 6 or so teams come in for a two week tourney. Each team can play 9 or 10 games during that time. Maybe do 4 of those if things stay the same virus wise. But setting up those bubbles isn’t cheap, so who knows if it would be financially viable at that level.

Reactions: joestevens29

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I could see a few tourney type settings in Hubs for next year. Say 6 or so teams come in for a two week tourney. Each team can play 9 or 10 games during that time. Maybe do 4 of those if things stay the same virus wise. But setting up those bubbles isn’t cheap, so who knows if it would be financially viable at that level.
I think bubbles wouldn't have to be as elaborate. Just have a bunch of teams in one city, coming and going to the rink like regular people and their normal jobs. If everyone shows up before training camps, does their 2 week quarantine they essentially can act like a normal person. Probably help a few cities rental markets a bit but shouldn't be too bad.

Reactions: joestevens29

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think bubbles wouldn't have to be as elaborate. Just have a bunch of teams in one city, coming and going to the rink like regular people and their normal jobs. If everyone shows up before training camps, does their 2 week quarantine they essentially can act like a normal person. Probably help a few cities rental markets a bit but shouldn't be too bad.

The biggest issue would be American cities. If this was done only in Canada , then sure, but the U.S. is a gong show, and likely will be until a vaccine is found. You just can't play in the states, full stop

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So there is a thread on the main board. This Sam Kim use to be the mascot for the Islanders.

Gritty for GM?
G3KeELY.jpg

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Movie titles for the return of Adam Cracknell

Crackenel II: Unleash the cracken prolog?

Oilersfan1987

Aug 11, 2020
Hey guys, what do you guys think the line up will look like this year once it starts up.

Benson - Marody - Griffith
Gamb - Quine - Maksimov
XXXX - McLeod - XXXX

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hey guys, what do you guys think the line up will look like this year once it starts up.

Benson - Marody - Griffith
Gamb - Quine - Maksimov
XXXX - McLeod - XXXX
Cracknell is back aswell, he will be a AHL vet.

I could see Quine getting games with the big team depending on injuries also, and Benson potentially making the team if hes worked on skating.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I guess I wouldn’t qualify as a AHL coach but don’t you play your top offensive prospect sniper(Lavoie) with your top setup guys(Benson and Marody). If McLeod is going to be our 3rd line center don’t you play him with vets in a shutdown role

Oilersfan1987

Aug 11, 2020
Cracknell is back aswell, he will be a AHL vet.

I could see Quine getting games with the big team depending on injuries also, and Benson potentially making the team if hes worked on skating.
I guess I wouldn’t qualify as a AHL coach but don’t you play your top offensive prospect sniper(Lavoie) with your top setup guys(Benson and Marody). If McLeod is going to be our 3rd line center don’t you play him with vets in a shutdown role

so would this be better.

Benson - Marody Lavoie
Cracknell McLeod Maksimov
Safin - Quine - Griffifh
XXX - Hamblin - XXX

Défense:

Bouchard. Samoroukov

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Malone signed a two year AHL deal too and there's a good chance PRussell is waived, I'd say.

I could see McLeod playing with them(probably at LW, but maybe at center) and doing the heavy lifting.

Benson - Quine - Griffith
McLeod - Malone - Russell
Cracknell - Marody - Lavoie
AHL Signing - Esposito - AHL Signing

I'd let Maksimov play out the year in Russia.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
They haven’t gotten a spot for Safin in Europe so that feels like he’s no longer a prospect

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I’d play Maksimov with Malone and Cracknell and tell him to stay on his wing and retrieve pucks( no playing rover)

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Benson-Marody-Lavoie
Maksimov-Malone-Cracknell
Gambardella-McLeod-PRussell
Esposito-Quine-Griffith
Stukel-Safin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad