Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
If Neal stays productive Yamamoto is going to score a lot of goals in the AHL this year.

Him and Gagner still fall down too often. Might as well give him a new nickname Yammy Snowpants. Too soon? :)

He definitely was a buzzsaw when on his feet.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Him and Gagner still fall down too often. Might as well give him a new nickname Yammy Snowpants. Too soon? :)

I’ve got a feeling yam takes some big steps forward this year if he stays healthy. He’s still got less than half a season of AHL game experience, which is the biggest thing he’s going to need to overcome his current issues keeping him from being an nhl contributor.

I could see him with a few games this season, but making the team next year and scoring ~40 points if all goes well. Would be great if he could
Build some chemistry with benson and we could run a soft minutes third line next year with some scoring potential and second unit pp minutes.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I'm going to sign up for AHL on demand. They archive games as well? That is big for me. How long does it take for a game to show up after it is done?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

If only we could bring the king of falling down, Martin Gélinas, out of retirement to play on the LW. They'd score while pulling off blooper reels.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I'm going to sign up for AHL on demand. They archive games as well? That is big for me. How long does it take for a game to show up after it is done?

Yup, you can watch past games. After the game is over they usually leave the stream up for a little bit, but then they remove it and replace it, usually within a couple hours tops.

Well worth it.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Wow at the quality of AHL defensemen on that Yamamoto goal. I don't think it's going to be that easy for him unless he's playing the Canucks.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Wow at the quality of AHL defensemen on that Yamamoto goal. I don't think it's going to be that easy for him unless he's playing the Canucks.

The hilights are deceiving. The Reign only allowed a few point blank chances a few times which was the ONLY way to score on that goalie.... plenty of good chances all night though.

What isn't shown is how often Gagner and Yamamoto still fall down. They are still undersized... but relatively speaking they are excellent skaters for the AHL. Yams is particularly agile and can loop around a net with ease.

Last edited:
Reactions: FacepalmBenning

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
The hilights are deceiving. The Reign only allowed a few point blank chances a few times which was the ONLY way to score on that goalie.... plenty of good chances all night though.

There were many, many chances that the Condors missed wide on that should have been goals, and Petersen stopped a lot of shots that I thought were sure things. Yamamoto in overtime I thought that was it. Currie from 5 feet out, Gagner wide open net that Petersen dove across on. The Condors really could have easily had 10 goals in that game.

What isn't shown is how often Gagner and Yamamoto still fall down. They are still undersize... but relatively speaking they are excellent skaters for the AHL. Yams is particularly agile and can loop around a net with ease.

I don't know man, I watched all of both Gagner and Yamamotos shifts again, and neither of them fell that much, no more than any other player. When they did fall it had nothing to do with being undersized, sometimes you get hit, sometimes you lose an edge. Jones, Peluso, Maksimov, Kulevich, they all ate it at some point that game too.

What really stands out if you iso Yamamoto is he makes the right play, and wins the puck almost every single time. It's not hyperbole, you can watch him on his defensive half wall, coming through the neutral zone, board battles in the offensive end. He wins the puck and gets it to the right spot every time. And when he doesn't have the puck, he's going to exactly the right spot every single time. He probably tipped point to point passes in his d-zone 4-5 times last game. It's very, very impressive.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There were many, many chances that the Condors missed wide on that should have been goals, and Petersen stopped a lot of shots that I thought were sure things. Yamamoto in overtime I thought that was it. Currie from 5 feet out, Gagner wide open net that Petersen dove across on. The Condors really could have easily had 10 goals in that game.

I don't know man, I watched all of both Gagner and Yamamotos shifts again, and neither of them fell that much, no more than any other player. When they did fall it had nothing to do with being undersized, sometimes you get hit, sometimes you lose an edge. Jones, Peluso, Maksimov, Kulevich, they all ate it at some point that game too.

What really stands out if you iso Yamamoto is he makes the right play, and wins the puck almost every single time. It's not hyperbole, you can watch him on his defensive half wall, coming through the neutral zone, board battles in the offensive end. He wins the puck and gets it to the right spot every time. And when he doesn't have the puck, he's going to exactly the right spot every single time. He probably tipped point to point passes in his d-zone 4-5 times last game. It's very, very impressive.
Would you say Yamamoto is looking much better than last year?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Wow they don't play until San Jose on Sunday and then Stockton on Tuesday the 15th. Some longass breaks in the AHL.

Must be annoying for the players.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Wow they don't play until San Jose on Sunday and then Stockton on Tuesday the 15th. Some longass breaks in the AHL.

Must be annoying for the players.

Yeah, AHL breaks can be the worst. BUT they do play 6 games from the 13th to 26th, which for the AHL is a ton so that'll be fun to watch.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Oilers now had Condors coach on today he stated that Lagesson will be paired with Bouchard.

This is the right move imo. As a pair, I thought they looked pretty good in pre-season.
  • Pair Lagesson & Bouchard for as long as reasonably possible (if there isn't much chem there, split them obviously)
  • Offload Benning at the deadline (I think we can get a 3rd rounder for him), run with Larsson, Bear, and Persson as your RD depth. Offload Russell (with a little cap retained if necessary) in the off-season. If you disagree with selling Benning at the deadline, can we agree that it'd be better to let him walk into UFA to make room for prospects that will be ineligible for waivers next season?
  • Next season Jones, Bear, Persson, and Lagesson will be eligible for waivers.
Nurse/Larsson
Klefbomb/Bear
?/Persson
?

The remaining two spots on D (assuming we run with 7D) will be contested by Jones, Lagesson, and Bouchard. I think Lagesson/Bouchard could be a fine 3rd pairing, and if you play them a lot together sooner rather than later, all the better.

Reactions: ZenOil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad