Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
upload_2019-10-4_19-44-11.png

I'm on the carrot's team.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Josh Currie had to leave the game after a collision in the neutral zone. Hopefully he's okay.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Defensively, this team is kinda sloppy. A little soft on the puck for my tastes. No Bear, Day, Lagesson.

Deleted member 241491

The AHL feed is quite good. Better than I would of thought.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
When Lowe-Jones is your best D pairing... the team needs a few more last season's D back. Great first 10-15mins then kinda played meh.

Desharnais is a huge D-man. Has some skill...

Deleted member 241491

The best forward for me was Yamamoto. He was buzzing all night. He also looks like he has beefed up a bit and held his own when in a crowd (most times). Starrett was on his game, same with Stolerz, both goalies were good.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The best forward for me was Yamamoto. He was buzzing all night. He also looks like he has beefed up a bit and held his own when in a crowd (most times). Starrett was on his game, same with Stolerz, both goalies were good.

Marody, Currie, Benson, Yams, Gagner, McLeod, Malone would be my order of forward impact.

Bouchard was a non factor in this game except for the goal on the rush. Samarukov was an awesome rover. He’s basically the new Day.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Last season, I said Cooper Marody was worth the price of admission, he was on another level with the puck.

Well, he might still be the best showman on the team. But Kailer Yamamoto just played the kind of game that Cooper Marody has never played even once in the AHL. Kailer Yamamoto created something good every shift he was out there AND he played a perfect game at both ends. He backchecked, he was in lanes, he didn't turn the puck over in the neutral zone, he was absolutely perfect. He played a game that makes coaches smile as they drift off to sleep.

If that's Yamamoto easing himself back from an injury, I feel sorry for the rest of the league.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Agreed. Every time Yamamoto was on the ice he was making smart effective plays. Had a really good game.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Last season, I said Cooper Marody was worth the price of admission, he was on another level with the puck.

Well, he might still be the best showman on the team. But Kailer Yamamoto just played the kind of game that Cooper Marody has never played even once in the AHL. Kailer Yamamoto created something good every shift he was out there AND he played a perfect game at both ends. He backchecked, he was in lanes, he didn't turn the puck over in the neutral zone, he was absolutely perfect. He played a game that makes coaches smile as they drift off to sleep.

If that's Yamamoto easing himself back from an injury, I feel sorry for the rest of the league.

Awesome to hear that about our most skilled forward prospect. Lots of people were starting to doubt this player...

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
One thing working in Yamamoto's favour is he's a near perfect fit for a line with Nuge and Neal. Speedy guy that can hound the puck and also play the set-up role. You can contrast this to Gagner, Marody, and Benson, who are all likely a little too slow to be on a line opposite Neal (Nor do they bring any size to at least help counter-act that).

I wouldn't rush Yams, but if he continues to look good, I'd definitely give him a look if/when Jurco falls out of the top 6.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Awesome to hear that about our most skilled forward prospect. Lots of people were starting to doubt this player...

I think the NHL doubt is warranted. It's not been a smooth journey for the man. One excellent AHL game doesn't mean much in the NHL. Watching the AHL closely the last little while, I understand more and more just how big the jump is to the next level.

In the context of the Condors, I'm excited to see what Yamamoto has and will bring to the table. I want the Condors to win, and I think Yamamoto can be one of the best players in the league. In the context of the Oilers, I see a ton of NHL polish in that first game. But that's just the first game. We'll see how things go.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I think the NHL doubt is warranted. It's not been a smooth journey for the man. One excellent AHL game doesn't mean much in the NHL. Watching the AHL closely the last little while, I understand more and more just how big the jump is to the next level.

In the context of the Condors, I'm excited to see what Yamamoto has and will bring to the table. I want the Condors to win, and I think Yamamoto can be one of the best players in the league. In the context of the Oilers, I see a ton of NHL polish in that first game. But that's just the first game. We'll see how things go.

Yah I know Kailer still has some big hurdles to clear to make it successfully in the NHL. But despite his size, I definitely think he has the skill and right game to be an NHL'er. He's great on the forecheck and pretty responsible in his own end too. I think he is our most skilled forward prospect. I just think he's been unlucky with injuries. Hopefully all the injuries are all behind him now and he can just focus on hockey, like Benson did after getting over his injuries.

Reactions: replacement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad