Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
6-2 final. 10 in a row!

The Reign are one of the worst teams in the league, so a win was expected. Even after a 10 game win streak, the division is still extremely tight, with 4 teams all within 3 points of each other.

Unfortunate that Bear is back on the injury list. Really hope he can come back and stay healthy for the rest of his career.

Reactions: Aerrol

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I haven't watched the games, just look at the stats.

How was Yams been?

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Seeing as how JP isn't getting much playing time lately, I'd make a trade like Petrovic for a depth forward at the deadline. Send JP down for the season, let the depth forward addition play those bottom 6 minutes JP is getting.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
In the AHL, do teams make the playoffs based off points or point percentage?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Seeing as how JP isn't getting much playing time lately, I'd make a trade like Petrovic for a depth forward at the deadline. Send JP down for the season, let the depth forward addition play those bottom 6 minutes JP is getting.

At this point I think the team is more worried about finding him a role on the oilers so he's not as big a question mark going into next year when he'll be waiver eligible.

Whether or not it's the right call is debatable, but they seem to be commiting to him sticking around from here on out, even if it's only for 10 minutes a game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How has Spooner looked? Just see his stats, so not sure if he's just been lucky or good.

Regardless of what many say about him, if he can find his game he's a lot more valuable to us.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
How has Spooner looked? Just see his stats, so not sure if he's just been lucky or good.

Regardless of what many say about him, if he can find his game he's a lot more valuable to us.

He usually seems pretty positive about everything, but Woodcroft had a lot of good things to say about him on Stauffer's show last week.

IIRC he talked about Spooner having a good attitude and scoring an NHL type goal. Something like that. I remember thinking that what he said was the exact opposite of the Ryan Spooner we've been watching up here for the past couple of months.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He usually seems pretty positive about everything, but Woodcroft had a lot of good things to say about him on Stauffer's show last week.

IIRC he talked about Spooner having a good attitude and scoring an NHL type goal. Something like that. I remember thinking that what he said was the exact opposite of the Ryan Spooner we've been watching up here for the past couple of months.
Thanks, hopefully he can keep it up.

North

Jun 25, 2009

I think a lot of Spooner’s problems are confidence related. If he he can gain it back in Bakersfield maybe , when we call him up, he’ll be the player who scored 40 some odd points last year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think a lot of Spooner’s problems are confidence related. If he he can gain it back in Bakersfield maybe , when we call him up, he’ll be the player who scored 40 some odd points last year.
I just hope he doesn't become a Patrick O'Sullivan. A guy that can do well in the AHL, but was done as a NHLer.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think Spooner has more to give than O’Sullivan ever did.
I don't know. At 22 O'Sullivan put up 22g and 53 points. Spooner's best was 13g.

At least when we got O'Sullivan he was still young with room to grow. Not sure the same can be said about Spooner.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don't know. At 22 O'Sullivan put up 22g and 53 points. Spooner's best was 13g.

At least when we got O'Sullivan he was still young with room to grow. Not sure the same can be said about Spooner.

Spooner just needs to at least get back to being a 40 point player, which he is capable of.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I know this place is pretty done with spooner, but I really think he's got 40 points in him next season. Whether he wants to be here or not, I can definitely see it with him being a ufa the following season and quickly approaching 30.

Maybe the waivers and AHL assignment will light a fire under him.

I just hope we don't buy him out this summer.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I know this place is pretty done with spooner, but I really think he's got 40 points in him next season. Whether he wants to be here or not, I can definitely see it with him being a ufa the following season and quickly approaching 30.

Maybe the waivers and AHL assignment will light a fire under him.

I just hope we don't buy him out this summer.
This is the Oilers management you are talking about. Anything is possible and usually for the worst.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
we need more talk about Starrett imo

lights out

Yeah his stats look pretty good. I don't know about "lights out", but anytime you are top-10 in the league for both GAA and save%, that is a good thing. Lets see if he can keep it up. If he does, it wouldn't shock me to see him challenge for a backup spot next year. Even though he only has the 2 years of pro experience, due to his NCAA time, he is a little older. Turns 25 this summer. It isn't like he is some young 21 or 22 year old.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah his stats look pretty good. I don't know about "lights out", but anytime you are top-10 in the league for both GAA and save%, that is a good thing. Lets see if he can keep it up. If he does, it wouldn't shock me to see him challenge for a backup spot next year. Even though he only has the 2 years of pro experience, due to his NCAA time, he is a little older. Turns 25 this summer. It isn't like he is some young 21 or 22 year old.

Would be pretty cool if he even gets a game or two.

I think he'd be the first guy ever from Air Force to play in the NHL.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
having a young goalie in the system come in and go matt murray or carter hart would be astronomical for our team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
At some point, the Oilers have to play Starrett. Don't want him walking away from us like Brossoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad