Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Caleb Jones with the second Bako goal, a nice one timer from the point.

Evan Polei got cute at his own line and the Reign got one back. As he was going to the bench he was visibly upset at himself. 2-1 going in to the 2nd period.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Caleb Jones with the second Bako goal, a nice one timer from the point.

Evan Polei got cute at his own line and the Reign got one back. As he was going to the bench he was visibly upset at himself. 2-1 going in to the 2nd period.

I can't see Jones in the AHL for the rest of the season unless the Oilers season completely goes to hell. Glad to see him doing well since his return.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I can't see Jones in the AHL for the rest of the season unless the Oilers season completely goes to hell. Glad to see him doing well since his return.
They need to send Puljujarvi down and have the AHL guys go on a run. The big team isn't making the playoffs and I rather Jones keep his confidence and make the squad next season.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They need to send Puljujarvi down and have the AHL guys go on a run. The big team isn't making the playoffs and I rather Jones keep his confidence and make the squad next season.

IMO Jesse is fine where he is right now unless things go even more sideways.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Condors up 4-1, Russell and Polei in quick succession. Polei got trucked, then got up and got in position for a wide open shot from the slot.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This team is so different than the Oilers. Production up and down the lineup. Full team performances and they give a full effort beginning to end.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Seeing the young guys go on a run like this is such a breath of fresh air from the current oilers team and previous AHL squads we've had. It really is our young guys leading the team for once.

It's weird that despite their success though, we're still considered pretty bare for skill prospects outside of jones and bear down there. I really hope one of the forwards can exceed expectations and find a spot putting up 50 point with McDavid or drai.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Seeing the young guys go on a run like this is such a breath of fresh air from the current oilers team and previous AHL squads we've had. It really is our young guys leading the team for once.

It's weird that despite their success though, we're still considered pretty bare for skill prospects outside of jones and bear down there. I really hope one of the forwards can exceed expectations and find a spot putting up 50 point with McDavid or drai.
I could see Benson being a good winger with the McD/Drai pairing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Marody and Benson are our best forward prospects right now imo. Above Yamamoto and Puljujarvi.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Some real good stuff happening in Bakersfield, something to be excited about.

As always with Oiler prospects, optimism is cautious but we're starting to see some real organizational depth building for the first time since....

Gambardella is a guy who I think should earn a callup and get a real shot on the 3rd line, not some 4-6 minutes a night garbage that Hitch gives every call up.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Some real good stuff happening in Bakersfield, something to be excited about.

As always with Oiler prospects, optimism is cautious but we're starting to see some real organizational depth building for the first time since....

Gambardella is a guy who I think should earn a callup and get a real shot on the 3rd line, not some 4-6 minutes a night garbage that Hitch gives every call up.
I think we should get a guy like Knoblauch for next year. Younger guy, will be willing to use prospects better and develop even at the NHL level

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think we should get a guy like Knoblauch for next year. Younger guy, will be willing to use prospects better and develop even at the NHL level

I wouldn't be opposed to it but I think they'll probably look for a win now coach, same with the GM. I could see both being retreads, unfortunately.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to it but I think they'll probably look for a win now coach, same with the GM. I could see both being retreads, unfortunately.
I honestly doubt it. They tried that with Chia and McLellan and it failed. I think they realize how shit this roster is

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I honestly doubt it. They tried that with Chia and McLellan and it failed. I think they realize how **** this roster is

We'll see. I hope that Nicholson thinks outside the box on this one but I doubt it. He'll likely bring in somebody experienced who he knows well already.

Maybe this discussion would be better served for the GM thread. Let's leave this for Bako stuff

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Evan Polei with another one, Benson with an assist on it.

Yams was getting shoved by some 6'5" goon for his entire shift for some reason. Nobody really came to his defence, but the next two shifts they've ramped it up and were kind of going globetrotters on the Reign. Maybe that's how you do it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Evan Polei with another one, Benson with an assist on it.

Yams was getting shoved by some 6'5" goon for his entire shift for some reason. Nobody really came to his defence, but the next two shifts they've ramped it up and were kind of going globetrotters on the Reign. Maybe that's how you do it.
In a blow out like this you don't stoop to the goons level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad