Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Does anyone know if Pelletier (our skating coach) is related to Jakub Pelletier, the 2019 draft prospect? I'd love the Oilers to get him with their 1st this year.

Edit: Posted in the 2019 draft thread.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Spooner and Yamamoto haven't made much impact yet, but its a normal thing, Yamamoto especially seems to maybe get discouraged after a demotion. Only been a couple games though.

Have to say, I think that article on Benson is interesting, but paints too rosy a picture. Benson has been okay, and obviously has good vision, but there are plays that work for him in the AHL that we would be absolutely grilling him for in the NHL because they'd turn in to GA's very quickly.

The same thing goes for Marody, Jones. The AHL is the right place for them to be free to hone their craft, learn to pick their spots, learn to respect the opposition.

Gambardella, Russell, Lagesson, Day, Bear I'd even throw Hebig in to the mix of guys who have more mature games. But of course, they don't have the dynamism of those other guys.
Any opinion on Josh Currie's game? Seems to be one of the most consistent producers down there each season.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I dont understand how we have a full-time skating coach in Pelletier and a top-notch prospect with skating issues holding him back in Marody.... and they arent attached to the freaking hip.

I look at Marodys game and feel like if Pelletier doesnt have the time, we should just hire someone for Bakersfield to focus on Marody and our prospects down there.

If dude can manage to improve his skating by 20%, he'll be a substantial player in the NHL with his current skillset.

Skating isn't all Marody needs to work on. Getting slightly faster does not make him an impact NHL player. Marody needs to work on his strength, his defensive game, situational awareness... He has a lot to work on.

In the AHL things will tighten up, just like in the NHL. If Bakersfield makes the playoffs, that will go a long way in helping all our guys learn the situational parts of the game. I think we'll see what Marody's real potential is then.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Condors play by play guy, Ryan Holt, said tonight that Spooner has been a hell of an addition.

The team’s just clicking on every level and Shane Starrett has calmly booted Montoya aside and told Wells and Skinner to wait their turn.

He’s up to a .914 and 13-3-3.

We might have a real live homegrown backup goalie in the works.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Spooner with another goal and assist. The demotion maybe lit a fire under his ass? Go condors go.
Guy has skill and can abuse league's like that due to his experience. Hell Klinkhammer was almost a point per game when we sent him down.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Starting to worry about Yamamoto. Turns 21 before the next season starts. Hasnt been good at the AHL or NHL this season and now again seems to be taking the demotion too hard.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Guy has skill and can abuse league's like that due to his experience. Hell Klinkhammer was almost a point per game when we sent him down.

He’s fast too but he doesn’t seem to use any of his attributes consistently in the NHL.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He’s fast too but he doesn’t seem to use any of his attributes consistently in the NHL.
Most AHL guys are slow which is why guys like Rattie who are high skilled but not great skaters can dominate. Put a speedy guy like Spooner in the AHL, you don't have to worry about being weak as paper as you blow past everyone.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
What is the reason for Bear being out? Another concussion? It was said he got hit up high last game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Beauty goal, absolutely wired it to the top shelf glove side on a partial breakaway. There's been some talk about his lack of scoring in this thread, he's definitely more of a playmaker but that was a goal scorers goal.
He shoots an insane amount to. He seems to have a snake bit season which makes his point total even more impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad