Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Anyone on here that goes to the games or are people watching on TV?

I watch online. The AHL package is very nicely priced. Not much production quality, it's usually just a jumbotron feed and audio from the radio. But it does the job.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Curious who was the Marody backer. I think MacT use to do a lot of scouting with college players, but I'm not fully sure.

Good to see that we are able to find some useful prospects outside of the normal NHL draft.

This is always a must read for me as well. Wish they had a bit better of a breakdown instead of just stats, but still an interesting read to see where guys are at.

Oilers Prospect Update: Condors keep soaring

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Anybody have any insigh why Philly got rid of Marody so early ? He looks like a really nice prospect so far.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Anybody have any insigh why Philly got rid of Marody so early ? He looks like a really nice prospect so far.

They felt like they had a lot of forward prospects and had the view that Marody was in the vein of Ryan Potulny.

From what I’ve seen, he’s a lot smarter than Potulny and skates better than him (even though Marody does need to work on his skating).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They felt like they had a lot of forward prospects and had the view that Marody was in the vein of Ryan Potulny.

From what I’ve seen, he’s a lot smarter than Potulny and skates better than him (even though Marody does need to work on his skating).
The stupid thing is why not give him a contract anyway? I'm not saying Marody is going to turn out to be a sure fire NHLer, but how do you let go a guy that consistently got better since you drafted him? Especially a guy that bounced back after being a dumbass in 16-17. A guy who was 6th in goals, 1st in assists/points in the big 10.

I mean they did turn a 6th rounder into a 3rd rounder so there is that, but still seems kind of dumb.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The stupid thing is why not give him a contract anyway? I'm not saying Marody is going to turn out to be a sure fire NHLer, but how do you let go a guy that consistently got better since you drafted him? Especially a guy that bounced back after being a dumbass in 16-17. A guy who was 6th in goals, 1st in assists/points in the big 10.

I mean they did turn a 6th rounder into a 3rd rounder so there is that, but still seems kind of dumb.
He would be like...3nd on the AHL squad in scoring too. All the guys close to him in their squad are over 27.

Their best guy his age has 10 less points in the same amount of games.

Might really back fire on them.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Anyone standing out in your view?

Ah geez, it's just a really solid team right now.

Of the young guys obviously Benson, Marody and Bear have stood out lately.

Of the (slightly) older guys, Gambardella and Currie.

I haven't seen a game since Yamamoto and Spooner came down, so maybe @replacement can comment on how they've been so far.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ah geez, it's just a really solid team right now.

Of the young guys obviously Benson, Marody and Bear have stood out lately.

Of the (slightly) older guys, Gambardella and Currie.

I haven't seen a game since Yamamoto and Spooner came down, so maybe @replacement can comment on how they've been so far.

Thx
I was at a game in Halifax yesterday and Saifin is still hurt. Fella who looked pretty good and is draft eligible this year is Raphael Lavoie.
You never know, spooner could find his game down there. Good to hear about Benson, Bear, and Marody.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Marody didn’t want to sign his ELC with Philly. That’s why he was traded..

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yar, believe Marody looked at the depth chart and didn't think he'd get a good shake in Philly. He basically pulled a Rieder or Riley Nash and got traded.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yar, believe Marody looked at the depth chart and didn't think he'd get a good shake in Philly. He basically pulled a Rieder or Riley Nash and got traded.

Interesting. I never heard that. When the trade first happened I read a couple of Flyers blogs and one of them indicated the Flyers viewed him like a Ryan Potulny and were okay with dealing him.

Makes sense though that he wasn’t interested in getting lost amidst the other prospects.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Spooner and Yamamoto haven't made much impact yet, but its a normal thing, Yamamoto especially seems to maybe get discouraged after a demotion. Only been a couple games though.

Have to say, I think that article on Benson is interesting, but paints too rosy a picture. Benson has been okay, and obviously has good vision, but there are plays that work for him in the AHL that we would be absolutely grilling him for in the NHL because they'd turn in to GA's very quickly.

The same thing goes for Marody, Jones. The AHL is the right place for them to be free to hone their craft, learn to pick their spots, learn to respect the opposition.

Gambardella, Russell, Lagesson, Day, Bear I'd even throw Hebig in to the mix of guys who have more mature games. But of course, they don't have the dynamism of those other guys.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Spooner and Yamamoto haven't made much impact yet, but its a normal thing, Yamamoto especially seems to maybe get discouraged after a demotion. Only been a couple games though.

Have to say, I think that article on Benson is interesting, but paints too rosy a picture. Benson has been okay, and obviously has good vision, but there are plays that work for him in the AHL that we would be absolutely grilling him for in the NHL because they'd turn in to GA's very quickly.

The same thing goes for Marody, Jones. The AHL is the right place for them to be free to hone their craft, learn to pick their spots, learn to respect the opposition.

Gambardella, Russell, Lagesson, Day, Bear I'd even throw Hebig in to the mix of guys who have more mature games. But of course, they don't have the dynamism of those other guys.

Do you see a NHL future for Hebig? He seems to be mired in a slump right now but seems to be a guy that could have the skating and shot to carve out a career as a 2nd line and PP sniper if all goes well with his development.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Do you see a NHL future for Hebig? He seems to be mired in a slump right now but seems to be a guy that could have the skating and shot to carve out a career as a 2nd line and PP sniper if all goes well with his development.

He would need to take some big leaps. He's got a lot working against him. He's small, and not exceptionally skilled. He plays the right way, but that's about it. His strength is he has a shooting mentality. Other than that, nothing stands out.

Would surprise me if he made it. But it would be a pleasant surprise.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He would need to take some big leaps. He's got a lot working against him. He's small, and not exceptionally skilled. He plays the right way, but that's about it. His strength is he has a shooting mentality. Other than that, nothing stands out.

Would surprise me if he made it. But it would be a pleasant surprise.

Have you seen Kyle Platzer at this level? If so how does he compare to Platzer?

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
I dont understand how we have a full-time skating coach in Pelletier and a top-notch prospect with skating issues holding him back in Marody.... and they arent attached to the freaking hip.

I look at Marodys game and feel like if Pelletier doesnt have the time, we should just hire someone for Bakersfield to focus on Marody and our prospects down there.

If dude can manage to improve his skating by 20%, he'll be a substantial player in the NHL with his current skillset.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I dont understand how we have a full-time skating coach in Pelletier and a top-notch prospect with skating issues holding him back in Marody.... and they arent attached to the freaking hip.

I look at Marodys game and feel like if Pelletier doesnt have the time, we should just hire someone for Bakersfield to focus on Marody and our prospects down there.

If dude can manage to improve his skating by 20%, he'll be a substantial player in the NHL with his current skillset.

I asked about Pelletier before, is he even qualified for this job? Yes he can skate, but can he teach? And maybe he can teach, but can he teach hockey players? Can he coach professional hockey players that have skated their whole lives?

Should hire the guy that worked with LD. It's actually kind of sad that two players that grew the mo LD and Nurse had to go outside the organization for help. Seems like the organization should be looking at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad