Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I kind of want to see Currie get a call up at some point just to see what we have in him.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
we should bring up the entire Currie-Benson-Marody line and let them play as our 3rd/4th line.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Because if they could help us win then why not? Benson is the only young guy on that line.
Did you see how much Hitchcock plays our fourth line? They would be getting less than 10 minutes a night, which would be horrible for their development.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Did you see how much Hitchcock plays our fourth line? They would be getting less than 10 minutes a night, which would be horrible for their development.

If they earn more playing time then would it? There is only so much that you can learn at the AHL level. Neither Currie or Benson know what a NHL regular season game feels like.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
If they earn more playing time then would it? There is only so much that you can learn at the AHL level. Neither Currie or Benson know what a NHL regular season game feels like.
I have no problem will calling up Currie since he is already 26 years old. However, with someone like Benson, I would call him up if he gets to play with RNH, Draisaitl or McDavid.

Reactions: Aerrol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I have no problem will calling up Currie since he is already 26 years old. However, with someone like Benson, I would call him up if he gets to play with RNH, Draisaitl or McDavid.

I'd give him a game on the 4th line to see what he's capable of before bumping him up. The familiarity of playing with your existing linemates shouldn't be overlooked here either.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
we should bring up the entire Currie-Benson-Marody line and let them play as our 3rd/4th line.

None of these players are good enough to play in the NHL right now. They are all great, and you hope they can get there. But there are clear situational holes in their games.

Afternoon game today, Shane Starrett is playing both ends of the back to back. He's been the best Condor, he kept them in the first period. Scoreless headed to the 2nd.

Reactions: Aerrol

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Two quick goals for the Condors! Jones banks a point shot in off Gambardella's skate, and Spooner rips a nice shot on a semi-break.

2-0 Condors.

Ethan Bear just took a high hit, and looks quite rattled. Really hope he's okay, he's been excellent during this streak.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Condors hanging on for dear life in the third, Polei just took a bad penalty to give Tucson their 6th PP with 4 minutes left.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Ethan Bear didn't return to the game after a high hit, here's to hoping it's nothing serious and he can come back after the all-star break 100%.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

The ice time is a reflection of the quality of the players. A fast dynamic (and hungry) 4th line would get more than 10 minutes a night.

I think its an excellent idea to call up the 1st line from Bakersfield and play them as a 4th line.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not sure I’d be comfortable with...

Kosko
Starrett

Wells
Skinner

... as the tandems or next year. I think you need to toss 2 to 3 mil at a 1B type (think Elliot, Mrazek, Halak, Greiss, ect) on a one year deal. Just to keep things stable.

If everyone continues to show well, then have everyone move up a notch the year after.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not sure I’d be comfortable with...

Kosko
Starrett

Wells
Skinner

... as the tandems or next year. I think you need to toss 2 to 3 mil at a 1B type (think Elliot, Mrazek, Halak, Greiss, ect) on a one year deal. Just to keep things stable.

If everyone continues to show well, then have everyone move up a notch the year after.
It's going to be really interesting what happens in the crease this summer. I definitely think they're going to need a 25-30 game backup at the NHL level, but that's gonna cause some issues for ice time with prospects. There will still be Skinner, Wells and Starrett(assuming he's re-signed); and often forgotten prospect Hayden Hawkey is turning pro as well. Quite crowded, and I definitely don't think it's ideal to have two developing prospects splitting time in the ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->