Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I assume so, I know that it was implemented when Eakins was here, not sure about now.
From interviews I have heard absolutely.

The can't score, rough goaltending and lots of shots with no success.

Both teams second last in scoring, both teams 3rd last overall.

Can't be a coincidence.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hasn't even been playing, he's only been dressed for 8 games. Cant figure out why unless he's injured. He is also a +4.

EDIT: Still injured, looks like concussion.

Damn. Just our luck this season. He was off to a fantastic start, playing on the top pairing with Simpson (from what I can gather), was putting up a nice point-per-game percentage for his first pro season as a Dman, and was outshining all our other D prospects. I truly hope it's nothing too serious. I have big expectations for him in the future.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Or language barrier.

Oilers cut this kid loose after 12 games? That's ridiculous
He had a single good KHL season. Was absolutely AWFUL last year and couldn't earn any playing time with Bear injured. In the time he did play he looked quite bad.
He was a 7th round pick, what were people expecting?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He had a single good KHL season. Was absolutely AWFUL last year and couldn't earn any playing time with Bear injured. In the time he did play he looked quite bad.
He was a 7th round pick, what were people expecting?
That single good season in the KHL season warrant a much longer look. The Oiler should treat their later rounds pick the same way they treat their higher end picks.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That single good season in the KHL season warrant a much longer look. The Oiler should treat their later rounds pick the same way they treat their higher end picks.
Could be a mutual thing too for all we know.
After he comes here, realizes he isn't as good as he thought and hates north america and wants to go home.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Or language barrier.

Oilers cut this kid loose after 12 games? That's ridiculous
IIRC we still retain his rights because of how quickly he signed. I'm not sure it's likely but if we parted ways amicably there's a chance he could return eventually.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Could be a mutual thing too for all we know.
After he comes here, realizes he isn't as good as he thought and hates north america and wants to go home.

It absolutely is a mutual thing. Players have guaranteed contracts. Teams can't terminate them just because.

In any case, it's clear over this season and last that Paigin has some entitlement issues. He thinks he is far better than he actually is. Won't accept being told otherwise.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
It absolutely is a mutual thing. Players have guaranteed contracts. Teams can't terminate them just because.

In any case, it's clear over this season and last that Paigin has some entitlement issues. He thinks he is far better than he actually is. Won't accept being told otherwise.

That's quite the leap. It could also be that they decided he should develop more in a country he's more comfortable playing in? Maybe he'll get more playing time in Russia? There's a number of things it could be before "he's a spoiled brat with entitlement issues".

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That's quite the leap. It could also be that they decided he should develop more in a country he's more comfortable playing in? Maybe he'll get more playing time in Russia? There's a number of things it could be before "he's a spoiled brat with entitlement issues".
He was getting LESS playing time in Russia in a even lesser league than the AHL.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He was getting LESS playing time in Russia in a even lesser league than the AHL.

I'm just saying no one knows that it's entitlement issues. Maybe he just wasn't good enough, or is in bad shape. But to say "he definitely thinks he's better than he is and he won't accept being told otherwise" without anything to support that is silly.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

The entire reason he came over here in the first place was because he wasn't happy playing in the Russia version of the AHL, thought he was being mistreated by his organization.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd be very surprised if it were the Oilers initiated this. This is generally a player wanting to go back home.

Generally teams will let the guy go to keep him happy and hopefully if he ever decides to come back he will remember that we granted him his wish. Although I don't know how many guys ever really come back.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It is odd that it's a contract termination vs. what they did with Yakimov where they just assigned him.

So is Paigin still technically Oiler property then (similar to Yakimov, who doesn't have a contract, but RFA rights are still owned the team), or is he a UFA?

With it being mutual, odds are both sides looked at the LHD depth chart (Klefbom, Sekera, & Russell all signed for 4 years, (plus Nurse, who is a golden boy in the organization), and saw that he had no shot for at least a couple of seasons.

The Oil needed the contract spot, and Paigin likely gets a bigger payday so it does work out, though I would have liked to see him get a longer look.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
He was a 7th round pick... this is likely the most conversation he is ever going to generate. The odds of him making it are EXTREMELY low. Good that the Oil can free up a contract on a player that isn't working out. Buh Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad