Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bakersfield is having similar issues to the main team scoring wise.

They are second worst goals for per game in the league

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sure sounds like an organizational systems issue to me.

I don't think it's a system issue with either the big club or the minor league team. We just have no offensive scoring talent in the NHL outside of McDavid, Drai and sometimes Nuge. And with Pulju on the big club right now we literally don't have a realistic NHL hopeful prospect at forward down there. Not one.

When our best forward down there is who... Joey Laleggia? Of course the team can't score.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
How has Bear looked so far? I see he is putting up points on a team that is struggling to score but how does he look overall? How does his skating look at this level?

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
How has Bear looked so far? I see he is putting up points on a team that is struggling to score but how does he look overall? How does his skating look at this level?

Hasn't even been playing, he's only been dressed for 8 games. Cant figure out why unless he's injured. He is also a +4.

EDIT: Still injured, looks like concussion.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think it's a system issue with either the big club or the minor league team. We just have no offensive scoring talent in the NHL outside of McDavid, Drai and sometimes Nuge. And with Pulju on the big club right now we literally don't have a realistic NHL hopeful prospect at forward down there. Not one.

When our best forward down there is who... Joey Laleggia? Of course the team can't score.
At this point they should be trying to acquire some let AHL vets that can score.

At least Rattie is scoring for them. Actually look at stats alone looks like he's having his best year ever.

It is kinda sad though, but then again all our first from the past decade are in the NHL except Yamamoto. Not getting a couple of seasons in the AHL from our top prospects has hurt our AHL team.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
At this point they should be trying to acquire some let AHL vets that can score.

At least Rattie is scoring for them. Actually look at stats alone looks like he's having his best year ever.

It is kinda sad though, but then again all our first from the past decade are in the NHL except Yamamoto. Not getting a couple of seasons in the AHL from our top prospects has hurt our AHL team.

The other thing that's hurt the AHL depth is that the Oilers pretty much gutted their 2015 draft picks after the McDavid selection in attempts to fill immediate needs.

The fallout of the Reinhart and Talbot trades, combined with the 3rd round pick they gave up as compensation for hiring McLellan, was that they gave up picks #16, 33, 57, 79 and 86. That's 5 picks in the top 100 of that deep draft that potentially could've been starting their pro careers in Bakersfield this year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The other thing that's hurt the AHL depth is that the Oilers pretty much gutted their 2015 draft picks after the McDavid selection in attempts to fill immediate needs.

The fallout of the Reinhart and Talbot trades, combined with the 3rd round pick they gave up as compensation for hiring McLellan, was that they gave up picks #16, 33, 57, 79 and 86. That's 5 picks in the top 100 of that deep draft that potentially could've been starting their pro careers in Bakersfield this year.
On top of that we haven't properly addressed the coaching down there since Nelson left. Usually teams have a guy down there that they are slowly grooming to take over big club.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Anybody have any feedback how Gamberdella (sp?) is doing? I see he's got a few points, but curious how he's looked.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Needed to go after more college guys or make more Ty Rattie signings.

If JP becomes a permanent fixture up here I could see us adding another short term fix to Bakersfield. We have a lot of d prospects down there and it sure would be nice to insult them and our goaltending prospects with a legit AHL offense.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On top of that we haven't properly addressed the coaching down there since Nelson left. Usually teams have a guy down there that they are slowly grooming to take over big club.
I really don't know what to make of Fleming. I mean he hasn't really developed and shocker of a player, but then again Slepy and Khaira were longshots to ever make it to the NHL. Then you add in what he's been given and the fact that the team has been better than 500 in his two years and you wonder if he's really that bad or just given a bad deck

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think we should worry more about how well our prospects are doing as opposed to how the AHL team is doing. Our AHL team has always done well in the past and that's because we had the AHL veterans took ice time from our prospects and that could also be the reason why we have little to nothing coming out of the Oilers development team

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really don't know what to make of Fleming. I mean he hasn't really developed and shocker of a player, but then again Slepy and Khaira were longshots to ever make it to the NHL. Then you add in what he's been given and the fact that the team has been better than 500 in his two years and you wonder if he's really that bad or just given a bad deck
He just does what Todd tells him to do for systems. He doesn't seem like much of a leader or a thinker, just an extension of the current coaching staff.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Still fully on team #CallUpRattie - just scored another PPG.

They can have Pakarinen back. Or pretty much anyone in the bottom six outside of Strome and Cammalleri.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still fully on team #CallUpRattie - just scored another PPG.

They can have Pakarinen back. Or pretty much anyone in the bottom six outside of Strome and Cammalleri.
Liked the idea before, but with JP playing like an NHL player and Pakarinen helping get the PK back on track, there really aren't any roster spots left. I'm struggling to see how Slepyshev fits once he's healthy again...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I decided to check the league standings. If they lose this game (definitely looking like it so far) they will, like the main club, be bottom 3 in their league too. I guess Chia wasn't lying when he said that there was no help coming

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Oilers are the second lowest scoring team in the NHL
The Condors are the second lowest scoring team in the AHL

How did they pull that off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad