Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
5-3 win. 35 saves for Wells.

He got absolutely shelled in the 3rd period with 17 shots, but only gave up 1 (stopped 35 of 38 shots in total for the W). Wells is looking pretty good thus far stats wise, with a 2.46 GAA and 0.921 SV% through 4 games. Believe he even had a shutout last game or one before. It's obviously way too early to start making declarations about him, but so far so good. Haven't been able to see too much of the games to judge his technical skills, unfortunately.

Yamo gets 2 goals and the 1st star of the game. Good to see him get going

Marody with 1 goal and 1 assist, and 3rd star of the game. He's continuing to produce, which is what you want to see. Seems to have very good vision with his passing. I see some nice potential.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He got absolutely shelled in the 3rd period with 17 shots, but only gave up 1 (stopped 35 of 38 shots in total for the W). Wells is looking pretty good thus far stats wise, with a 2.46 GAA and 0.921 SV% through 4 games. Believe he even had a shutout last game or one before. It's obviously way too early to start making declarations about him, but so far so good. Haven't been able to see too much of the games to judge his technical skills, unfortunately.

Yamo gets 2 goals and the 1st star of the game. Good to see him get going

Marody with 1 goal and 1 assist, and 3rd star of the game. He's continuing to produce, which is what you want to see. Seems to have very good vision with his passing. I see some nice potential.

Those numbers are even more impressive when you consider he got lit up(5 goals on 31 shots) in his first start back in October.

He has 5 goals against on 96 shots(.948 SV%) in his three starts since coming up back up a week ago.

Pretty excited to see him have some success. Always thought he had the tools to be an NHL goalie when I watched him in the OHL.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Those numbers are even more impressive when you consider he got lit up(5 goals on 31 shots) in his first start back in October.

He has 5 goals against on 96 shots(.948 SV%) in his three starts since coming up back up a week ago.

Pretty excited to see him have some success. Always thought he had the tools to be an NHL goalie when I watched him in the OHL.

Very impressive indeed. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up his strong play, and keep his overall SV% above .915 or so, which I think would indicate some definite potential.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
3 goals in last 2 games for Yamamoto.

7 points in 10 games.

Like I said, from the games I've seen, he wasn't moping. It's a hard adjustment from the AHL from the WHL.
Have to think he's coming up especially with a banged up chiasson and zykov on waivers

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
My friend who I watch the games with saw the last game (I missed it) said that Benson and Russell played well, but didn't say much more.

I wasn't a fan of Benson as a pick or prospect, but he's showing well enough in his first two seasons. 23 points in 33 games. Not a lot of signs he'll be an impact goal scorer, but he's producing points. The second half of the season is always a big sign of what direction the player will go. I kind of hope we give Hebig a couple games.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
My friend who I watch the games with saw the last game (I missed it) said that Benson and Russell played well, but didn't say much more.

I wasn't a fan of Benson as a pick or prospect, but he's showing well enough in his first two seasons. 23 points in 33 games. Not a lot of signs he'll be an impact goal scorer, but he's producing points. The second half of the season is always a big sign of what direction the player will go. I kind of hope we give Hebig a couple games.
Benson is one of those guys who will never drive a play but will always play up to the level of his linemates. Which is a great attribute to have

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting that Wells has the best SPCT and GAA of his career in the toughest of the leagues he's played in. Granted sometimes juniors is a bit of a crap show it's still something to look at. Especially as @North mentioned how the year started.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hebig really fell off a cliff didn't he? I recall him being around PPG 15 games into the year. Nice to see Marody and Benson having good seasons.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hebig really fell off a cliff didn't he? I recall him being around PPG 15 games into the year. Nice to see Marody and Benson having good seasons.

He's had a couple rough stretches.

Started with 14 points in 15 games then went 6 games without a point then 7 points in 10 games and now pointless in his last 5.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Keegan Lowe got a match penalty for cross-checking. Anyone see it?

Both goalies on the baby Flames have some terrible numbers.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Please god. I don’t care if it’s Marody/benson/JP just someone contribute next year.

Jones was the surprise this year (and maybe to a lesser extent Jujhar), I wonder who the surprise next year will be...

What's holding Marody back? Is it just foot speed and size?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jones was the surprise this year (and maybe to a lesser extent Jujhar), I wonder who the surprise next year will be...

What's holding Marody back? Is it just foot speed and size?
I think it's just the massive jump in player skill.

He is currently 2nd in the AHL for rookie points per game, he has the potential for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad