Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I've said it before, the AHL might be less talented, but it's not smaller.

Kailer will go through a transition period that is unique to his own situation, but he can learn skills to help him battle as a very small player. Judging anything after 20 games in the pros is a waste of conversation.

Learning to push off bigger players, push away from coverage in the slot, and to battle with a guy 40 pounds heavier on their stick will take a bit of time, but those are all things he can learn.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
6gp 1G 1A 2P -5 Draft +2

7gp 1G 3A 4P +1 Draft +2

One of those is Kailer Yamamoto, the other is coming off back to back 70+ point seasons for us.

Well prove me wrong and score 70 points next year Kailer in the NHL. But you know he has no reason to mope (the way Leon did). Leon was upset because he was the best player at camp for the Oilers (yes even better than McDavid) that year and got sent down. Kailer on the other hand made the team and got several regular season games, producing very little, complete with long stretches with McDavid.

He has no business moping in the AHL, he should go down there and dominate.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well prove me wrong and score 70 points next year Kailer in the NHL. But you know he has no reason to mope (the way Leon did). Leon was upset because he was the best player at camp for the Oilers (yes even better than McDavid) that year and got sent down. Kailer on the other hand made the team and got several regular season games, producing very little, complete with long stretches with McDavid.

Kids hurt, he is also known for toughing it out and trying to play thru injury which causes his offense to shrivel, did it in the playoffs last year.

My point is, don't look at a 7 game AHL stretch and get worried. Players go thru slumps and take a bit to adapt. Especially smaller guys .

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Have you watched him play? Where are you getting moping from other than other posters?

I've seen him play. The moping narrative is HFboards fallacy.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Kids hurt, he is also known for toughing it out and trying to play thru injury which causes his offense to shrivel, did it in the playoffs last year.

My point is, don't look at a 7 game AHL stretch and get worried. Players go thru slumps and take a bit to adapt. Especially smaller guys .
This. I think we just gotta be patient with him. He's an talented hockey player and is a smart player. I think he just needs to time to figure out the pro game.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
For those who have watched the Condors this season, how has Ethan Bear looked? Does he appear to be developing and do you think we will see him with the Oilers this season?

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
For those who have watched the Condors this season, how has Ethan Bear looked? Does he appear to be developing and do you think we will see him with the Oilers this season?

I don't like his progress. With the experience that he had last season, he should have been able to control play in the AHL in the way Caleb Jones has. Maybe he's still working his way back from injury, but quite disappointed in his drive to get to the next level. Seems a little too complacent.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
One word is complacent. If his buddy getting called up instead of him doesn’t light the fire then I do not know what will.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Anyone who follows the Condors, could Lagesson be next to have a call up? Heard he been good lately, but are he ready?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Lately... Not really. He's pretty damn steady though. His game is mature. I could see him getting a call up.

Yeah, agreed. I haven't seen as many games as you, but I could see him competing for a spot next camp. Might sneak into a few games with the Oilers this year.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
It's bizarro world right now, Condors are getting outshot, and winning. Marody's back in and has the go ahead goal.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
A lot of talk about Condors d-men lately, I'll shout out Logan Day. Very consistently one of the more active and heady d-men on the team.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Tyler Benson hasn't played in the third period, not sure if injured.

UPDATE: Not injured. He's back playing. Maybe benched for a bit?

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Keegan Lowe absolutely laser beamed the post right at the buzzer, going to overtime with the San Diego Eakins.

Condors take the shootout! Starrett saved all three and Hebig scored for Bako.

Marody is by far the Condors best offensive player, and it's not close. In overtime he created so much space and was impossible to check. It's ridiculous how much he stands out.

Lagesson made some excellent plays in OT as well, controlled the play when he needed to.

Benson... He's got that early Draisaitl tendency to just throw backhand passes to nobody. He'll never make the NHL if he continues playing the way he is. He needs to get better.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Keegan Lowe absolutely laser beamed the post right at the buzzer, going to overtime with the San Diego Eakins.

Condors take the shootout! Starrett saved all three and Hebig scored for Bako.

Marody is by far the Condors best offensive player, and it's not close. In overtime he created so much space and was impossible to check. It's ridiculous how much he stands out.

Lagesson made some excellent plays in OT as well, controlled the play when he needed to.

Benson... He's got that early Draisaitl tendency to just throw backhand passes to nobody. He'll never make the NHL if he continues playing the way he is. He needs to get better.

Draisaitl still does that. ;)

Hebig is still very intriguing and I hope Marody can somehow translate his offense at the NHL level. Get him to spend the entire summer with a power skating coach maybe.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Draisaitl still does that. ;)

Hebig is still very intriguing and I hope Marody can somehow translate his offense at the NHL level. Get him to spend the entire summer with a power skating coach maybe.
I don’t even think Marody’s issue is skating he just comes across as weak when up against Nhl players. In the minors he’s so much more skilled than most guys but at this level it’s no longer the case and he just gets outmuscled and pushed around out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->