Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I heard that he has been dogging it a bit or at least he seemed to be after Jesse got called up. I would consider including him in a trade if we have the right type of player coming back. At his size you have to battle super hard, skate like the wind or be a water bug out there that can change directions at the drop of a hat.

I wonder if it's a bit of sulking.. I have the nagging feeling it was the same when he went back to Spokane the first time. Grow up, kid, and earn your stripes.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Big 4-0 win last night over the Moose.

Shane Starrett with the shutout. Time to give him some more games and play Montoya less.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Logan Day continues to impress me(at least on the score sheet). He's up to 3 goals and 6 assists in 17 games now. That's pretty impressive for a defenseman who was playing Div. 3 NCAA hockey last season.

Also happy to see the Gambardella-Malone-Russell line back together. That'll help Bako win a bunch of games.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Logan Day continues to impress me(at least on the score sheet). He's up to 3 goals and 6 assists in 17 games now. That's pretty impressive for a defenseman who was playing Div. 3 NCAA hockey last season.

Also happy to see the Gambardella-Malone-Russell line back together. That'll help Bako win a bunch of games.

Gambardella should get a look up here at some point if we have an injury in the bottom 6 I would think. Russell was solid in his role while he was up.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I thought Day looked really good in the pre season. In the past ten plus years so few Oilers prospects have stood out in the AHL, its great to see so many young players leading the team. There's like 4 or 5 more guys who might get a look this season with a call up.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Anyone been watching Caleb Jones? Would be very curious to hear about how he's doing. His numbers look great. 12 points in 18 games and +4, and I'm assuming he's playing top pair minutes. Would really like to get a good look at him up in the NHL around February or something if the Oilers are out of the playoff picture by then.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've been a fan of Starrett. Posting solid numbers, outplaying Montoya and everyone else down there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone been watching Caleb Jones? Would be very curious to hear about how he's doing. His numbers look great. 12 points in 18 games and +4, and I'm assuming he's playing top pair minutes. Would really like to get a good look at him up in the NHL around February or something if the Oilers are out of the playoff picture by then.
Caleb has been a very good player or us. He’s playing top minutes, before [Kevin] Gravel got called up. He was playing with Kevin against the other team’s best players. He runs our number one power play unit which I think is top-two in the American Hockey League. He plays on the penalty kill, which is a top-five penalty kill in the American Hockey League. He’s playing big minutes and is an important piece in what we have going on down here. I’ve seen real growth in his game through five games.

That was from a month ago. I do however feel like he's been at 12 or around 12 points for 5-6 games, could be wrong

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Caleb has been a very good player or us. He’s playing top minutes, before [Kevin] Gravel got called up. He was playing with Kevin against the other team’s best players. He runs our number one power play unit which I think is top-two in the American Hockey League. He plays on the penalty kill, which is a top-five penalty kill in the American Hockey League. He’s playing big minutes and is an important piece in what we have going on down here. I’ve seen real growth in his game through five games.

That was from a month ago. I do however feel like he's been at 12 or around 12 points for 5-6 games, could be wrong

That sounds very promising. Definitely hope he gets a look at some point during the season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That sounds very promising. Definitely hope he gets a look at some point during the season.
I honestly don't know what I think. On one hand I think it would be a good reward if he continues to play well. At the same time until our defense stabilizes itself, do you really want him apart of the tire fire?

If we are eliminated from the playoffs maybe it makes sense to bring him up and let him play 5-10 games. Maybe keep him playing low minutes, but give him a shot on the PP. See if he has what it takes to be on the PP. I know everyone thinks Bouchard is going to be that guy, but I'm not really banking on a guy coming out of Junior and saving our PP.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I honestly don't know what I think. On one hand I think it would be a good reward if he continues to play well. At the same time until our defense stabilizes itself, do you really want him apart of the tire fire?

If we are eliminated from the playoffs maybe it makes sense to bring him up and let him play 5-10 games. Maybe keep him playing low minutes, but give him a shot on the PP. See if he has what it takes to be on the PP. I know everyone thinks Bouchard is going to be that guy, but I'm not really banking on a guy coming out of Junior and saving our PP.

Yeah, I'm a bit torn on it as well. You kinda want him to stay in Bakersfield and keep developing for a while I think, but at some point during the season I'd love to see what he can do at the NHL level, but it probably doesn't make much sense unless Oilers are out of the playoff hunt and he can get a stretch of solid games in. Although I do think he could do quite well under Hitchcock, but I'm not sure who you'd pair him with. The quote in your last post said he'd been playing with Gravel, do you know which of those guys played on the right side? Is Jones primarily playing RD?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, I'm a bit torn on it as well. You kinda want him to stay in Bakersfield and keep developing for a while I think, but at some point during the season I'd love to see what he can do at the NHL level, but it probably doesn't make much sense unless Oilers are out of the playoff hunt and he can get a stretch of solid games in. Although I do think he could do quite well under Hitchcock, but I'm not sure who you'd pair him with. The quote in your last post said he'd been playing with Gravel, do you know which of those guys played on the right side? Is Jones primarily playing RD?
I don't know.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He’s been playing top pair right side with Lagesson

Lagesson Jones
Lowe Bear
Stanton Day

Were the pairings last game. Jones looks good. A 180 from last year where he had an atrocious start. This year he started white hot but has slowed down a bit lately offensively. Playing good hockey.

Reactions: North and Zaddy

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Bako having a ridiculous first period, 14-5 shots so far, up 2-0. Looking very confident and very connected. Marody is really a dominant player at this level, dynamic, skilled, and tenacious. Really, really wish he could bring that to the Oilers.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Bako having a ridiculous first period, 14-5 shots so far, up 2-0. Looking very confident and very connected. Marody is really a dominant player at this level, dynamic, skilled, and tenacious. Really, really wish he could bring that to the Oilers.

Seeing as this is his first pro season, no shame in him struggling a bit to bring that to the NHL right now, but hopefully it happens at some point in the future.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yamomoto is day-to-day.

Marody had a hot night. He's going to show well in the winter prospect rankings.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I kinda hope London gets knocked out their playoffs as early as possible so Bouchard can make a run in the AHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad