Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nice to see the team scoring by committee. Numerous short handed and power play goals is nice to see. They actually know what to do with special teams. Hope that's a sign of things TO COME!

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The best part is contributions from our prospects who can be contributors here as early as this season. Again, the one thing I give Chia credit for is the depth that we finally have through his drafting and signings.

They have actual talent in Bakersfield for the first time in a long time (I don't really count the few games of Drai and Pulju).
When Bear and possibly Yamamoto get sent down, they are looking to be a real contender down there.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well we hired Viveiros and it’s been reported that he isn’t getting any input on this years PP. that Todd is running the show.

Has this actually been reported? Source?

While it seems obvious I have not read anything to actually support this.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Has this actually been reported? Source?

While it seems obvious I have not read anything to actually support this.

Think it was during the Germany game someone posted a tweet that quoted Rishaug where he said that Viverios is being shut out and not being given a say, especially with regards to the PP.

The whole thing is a perfect example of how stubborn TMac is.

Reactions: KYams17 and Aerchon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Think it was during the Germany game someone posted a tweet that quoted Rishaug where he said that Viverios is being shut out and not being given a say, especially with regards to the PP.

The whole thing is a perfect example of how stubborn TMac is.

If that’s true, that’s inexcusable. That’s like showing up to a drag race in an F-350 when you’ve got a Ferrari in the garage.

It’s not if McLellan gets canned, it’s when.

North

Jun 25, 2009
If that’s true, that’s inexcusable. That’s like showing up to a drag race in an F-350 when you’ve got a Ferrari in the garage.

This is exactly the way McLellan coaches. Oh look I have this better option over here, but I'm just going to put Caggiula with McDavid.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

It's not true. What was said is that GG was running one of the practices. Rishaug and Gregor both pointed out he's kind of like a rover that bounced from d to Pk to pp. Getting a feel for all the areas. They were frustrated with it as they seem to be going with GG way, but to say Vierios is having no say is simply incorrect.

Unfortunately we probably won't get a proper report on how practices are being ran for awhile, as we are on the road and won't have a lot of guys reporting on practice.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Did Wells get sent somewhere? I see he's grayed out on hockeydb which usually means no longer with team.

Good to see Montoya putting up some solid numbers early as well.

Anyone have a list of what the lines have been?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Did Wells get sent somewhere? I see he's grayed out on hockeydb which usually means no longer with team.

Good to see Montoya putting up some solid numbers early as well.

Anyone have a list of what the lines have been?
Wells got sent to Wichita(ECHL) when the Oilers sent Starett back to the AHL. Starett had been with the team in Europe as their emergency third goalie.

Reactions: EagerPug

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wells got sent to Wichita(ECHL) when the Oilers sent Starett back to the AHL. Starett had been with the team in Europe as their emergency third goalie.
Not sure I like that. Would've thought they'd keep one young guy in the AHL, although maybe in the ECHL the young guys will get more time. Really think they'll run with Montoya to stabilize the club.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not sure I like that. Would've thought they'd keep one young guy in the AHL, although maybe in the ECHL the young guys will get more time. Really think they'll run with Montoya to stabilize the club.

I think they’re okay with Starrett backing up Montoya because Montoya will carry the bulk of the workload.

I imagine Skinner and Wells are going to split duties fairly equally in Wichita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad