NFL: Baker Mayfield's Character/Leadership

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Did Mayfield steal your girlfriend or something? He was awesome.

Nah. I just don't like people who haven't accomplished much acting like arrogant little pricks. I also don't like his off the field antics. Grow up. Most of the top QBs of all time didn't/don't act like this.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nah. I just don't like people who haven't accomplished much acting like arrogant little pricks. I also don't like his off the field antics. Grow up. Most of the top QBs of all time didn't/don't act like this.

Lol like Tom Brady throwing fits on the sideline? Or Ben Roethlisberger throwing his teammates under the bus (not to mention the multiple rape allegations)? Or Eli refusing to play in S.D.? How about Peyton Manning sticking his nuts in the face of a team trainer (who was female) when he was in college?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't know.. similar size and off the field/arrogance issues. Mayfield will end up being much more successful but it's ridiculous to suggest that they aren't even remotely similar.
Manziel was an alcoholic who never learned the offense, put in no work, skipped team meetings, got in trouble off the field, and didn’t care about being a professional.

Mayfield is the opposite of all of those things.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
More importantly, on the field Mayfield has excellent presence in the pocket and is very accurate.

Manziel was a college QB that somehow tricked an NFL team (and many people on this board) into thinking he could play in the NFL despite having no accuracy and would leave the pocket as soon as possible.

It is a completely stupid and lazy comparison.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Manziel was an alcoholic who never learned the offense, put in no work, skipped team meetings, got in trouble off the field, and didn’t care about being a professional.

Mayfield is the opposite of all of those things.

Wrong. Mayfield is guilty of the last two

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018

Really? Lil Baker was arrested for attempting to flee from the police. That falls under off the field issues. He doesn't seem to care about acting as a professional either. Grabbing his junk, taunting coaches and sidelines, obscene gestures, posting nonsense on Twitter and the aforementioned police incident are not how professionals act.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So he had one incident and you believe he should be branded for life based on it and is somehow comparable to Johnny Manziel?

He has not had any incidents before or after that while completing his mandated community service and alcohol education classes

He is far from Johnny Manziel

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Really? Lil Baker was arrested for attempting to flee from the police. That falls under off the field issues. He doesn't seem to care about acting as a professional either. Grabbing his junk, taunting coaches and sidelines, obscene gestures, posting nonsense on Twitter and the aforementioned police incident are not how professionals act.
He has one incident where no one was hurt. So what. Equating that to a guy like Manziel is completely dishonest.

Professionals work their assets off to get better at their job and to win the respect of their peers. He does that very well. His coaches and teammates love him. That’s what being a pro is about. He’s paid to be a great QB. Making gestures that offend the easily offended like you doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad