NFL: Bailey, Bowlen, Brandt, Gonzalez, Law, Mawae, Reed, and Robinson elected to the Pro Football HOF

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
No Bruce and James?
No Atwater?

And why no Flores and Coryell?

Mawae over Hutchinson and Faneca, really...really!?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Nice day for Louisiana guys with Reed, Mawae and the GREAT Johnny Robinson getting in. Robinson revolutionized the safety position. I would've sworn he had already been in for years. Faneca should be in too. I don't know how you can be All-Pro 6 times and not be in the HOF at some point.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
No gripes with this class other than Coryell was denied again.

Doesn't have the resume but his offense was ahead of the time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe it's me, but I don't understand the case for Coryell getting in. He had an innovative offense, but zero Super Bowl appearances, 1 conference title game appearance where they got run off the field (yet in terrible conditions, but still, the only one), no sustained level of dominance, and under .600 all-time record. You can do without one of those things, but not all of them. Like, would you put Jim Mora or Bum Phillps in?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
While i am overjoyed for Champ and Pat, no Steve Atwater is still frustrating
Gradishar need to go in front of the veteran's committee already. I've given up on Louis Wright.

Anyway it will take Canton a while more to correct ignoring the Broncos for so long.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Congrats to all. Still think I'd have put Faneca in there over Mawae and Lynch or Atwater in there ahead of Law.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
awesome to see reed make it but really? ty law over james and bruce?

law is definitely deserves enshrinement but not over those guys

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
All these guys were deserving. I'd like to see Faneca, Lynch, Atwater, Bruce, James, Hutch, and Flores all get in eventually.

I'm on the fence about Seymour, Boselli and Coryall getting in. Boselli would've been a sure bet if injuries didn't end his career early.

For guys who were semi finalists this year, I'd put Zach Thomas and Ronde Barber in eventually. Torry Holt and Hines Ward should maybe be in there too. Some of those guys will be waiting for awhile tho.

Next year, Polamalu and Wayne could both get in on their first year of eligibility. Willis is eligible too but will have to wait because of how short his career was. In 2021, the ballot will add Manning, Woodson and Megatron who should all get in immediately.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Atwater's problem is it seems like every time they want to let in a safety, there's someone better waiting.

Dawkins last year, Reed this year. Both among the absolute greatest to ever play the position. That's not to say Atwater is a bum either, it's just the latter two guys are on a different level.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Won two Super Bowls with a reclamation project at QB and kept a lid on things when Al Davis was starting to lose it.
I think Flores won as a player too.

Edit: He was a backup for Len Dawson, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad