Baertschi scratched again.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Is he actually scratched against the jets tonight? I thought he played very well against Edmonton. Was forchecking hard and stood out for me as one of our better players.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Same here, I thought he did decent against the Oilers on Saturday night, so if he's scratched for tonight's game that'll be a surprise to me. Well, sort of. If Future Maurice "Rocket" Richard, Art Ross, and Hart Memorial Trophy winner Tim Jackman is playing with Huds and Monahan, it makes total sense!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It might be a little early to call Baertschi a scratch for this one. Jackman might be skating on that line as a 'place-holder' if Baertschi missed practice. We'll see, though.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It might be a little early to call Baertschi a scratch for this one. Jackman might be skating on that line as a 'place-holder' if Baertschi missed practice. We'll see, though.

EDIT: Well, having read the little thing at the top of the projected lines, that doesn't appear to be the case. :facepalm:
those were posted at 2am, so it's all off practice lines

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Baertschi has played very well these last two games. Gelinas even said he was the best forward versus Dallas.

He has 2 points in his last 2 games. He's been physical and defensively responsible.

If he is indeed scratched, then how can anyone argue against the belief that Hartley just doesn't like him? Would be hard not to blame him if he asked for a trade.

This will be a complete confidence killer and a decision that would have no basis on reality.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Sven needs to be sent down so he can work on his game at his own pace without constant worry of being scratched. He often looks like he is trying way too hard, sometimes he looks totally lost, and he isn't playing anywhere close to where he could be.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Baertschi logged 17 minutes of ice time last game. That's more than Stajan, Backlund, Colborne, Galiardi, Bouma, McGrattan and Jones.

Its hard to see how Baertschi is still the odd man out.

TylerSVT*

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 3m
Hearing from insiders...Coach Hartley seems to have reached a peak in frustration with Baertschi. Looks like out tonight..maybe

**** this nonsense.

Send him down before Hartley ruins his career, this is getting out of hand.

Plays great the last 2 games, some minor problems, but still excellent. Plays better than most of the team and apparently that makes the coach at peak frustration.

Hartley... i just don't know anymore.

Send him down or trade him while he still has Value, this is maniacal.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hearing from insiders...Coach Hartley seems to have reached a peak in frustration with Baertschi. Looks like out tonight..maybe

**** this nonsense.

Send him down before Hartley ruins his career, this is getting out of hand.

Plays great the last 2 games, some minor problems, but still excellent. Plays better than most of the team and apparently that makes the coach at peak frustration.

Hartley... i just don't know anymore.

Send him down or trade him while he still has Value, this is maniacal.

This really seems more like a personal issue to me. He has been pretty good the last 3 games.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Hartley is out to lunch. It's pretty sad when the head coach isn't watching the hockey in front of him.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You guys need to calm down. He is only 21, you guys are expecting him to play at god-like levels.

Actually that's what Hartley expects. I hope for Sven's sake he's set down or traded if this is the case. It's obvious now that this is a personal issue between him and Hartley.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Sounds like Hartley expects him to be God.

It's pathetic how he is being managed.

Or he is trying to work with him to remove his passes across the ice that get picked off every game in the offensive zone and lead to odd man breaks the other way. Monahan made a mistake like Sven did when he tried that toe drag 2 games ago and got stripped of the puck which lead to a goal, and he has never done it again. Fans only want to see Sven put up points Hartley is trying to get his all around game better.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
You guys need to calm down. He is only 21, you guys are expecting him to play at god-like levels.

No, we're saying he's been playing well for a 21 year old rookie, supported by Gelinas' statement regarding the Dallas game.

If anything it's Hartley that expects him to play at god-like levels.

TylerSVT*

Or he is trying to work with him to remove his passes across the ice that get picked off every game in the offensive zone and lead to odd man breaks the other way. Monahan made a mistake like Sven did when he tried that toe drag 2 games ago and got stripped of the puck which lead to a goal, and he has never done it again. Fans only want to see Sven put up points Hartley is trying to get his all around game better.

So the numerous mistakes other players make is ok? Colborne has looked downright awful out there but hasnt been scratched yet.

Seems more like Hartley has a vendetta against Sven than anything else.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
So the numerous mistakes other players make is ok? Colborne has looked downright awful out there but hasnt been scratched yet.

Seems more like Hartley has a vendetta against Sven than anything else.

Colborne looked fine for his 6 minutes on the 4th line like Backlund did and is a solid screen for the pp. But we should totally scratch a center for a winger but that was such a good plan when we scratched Backlund :facepalm:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think the reason Monahan hasn't been scratched is because Hartley has been told he can't. Burke was pretty clear about when he said Monahan would only stay up this year if he's guaranteed minutes, something he didn't say about Sven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad