Baertschi. No longer face of the future??

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Well Stajan, Glencross and Stemps each got about 17 minutes, whereas Mono and Bart got 11.

I think they both played good with their ice time.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Monahan looked right at home. Sven played very well too. In fact, both their defensive plays got us a goal.
Sven, you can see, is on a complete mission to prove he's not a one-dimensional player. Monahan (And you know this, I'm really not a huge fan of his) played exceptionally well, considering this was his first game ever playing in the NHL... Hell, he looked better than most of the guys who have played a couple hundred tonight.

I think you, along with a lot of other people on this forum, really drank the cool-aid when it came to Monahan's offensive abilities. He's never going to be a guy that blows you away. What you see now, with a bit of polish is about as high as you're going to get with him... He's not a 80-100 point center in the NHL; he'll put it together and put together some decent numbers, but his offensive game isn't going to make you believe in a second coming of Mario, Jagr or something... Just a higher IQ, decent mitts and above average offensive instinct... he'll never be a killer out there.

He isn't an flashy player but even in junior he was able to create more offensive with his playmaking. Tonight he looked an average player most nights he looked like a star offensively in junior.

Sven looked good offensively but I think some of you guys are misunderstanding what I mean say he looked weak. He looked lost the puck a lot and while he was trying to play physical he was dominated on by Washington when he was trying to control it. He should pick it up tonight was not a good night for him physically.

IgniteTheFlame

Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Sven and Monahan both looked good out there tonight. I agree that it would've been nice to see them on the PP, but that'll come in time. Created some nice chances out there, and Sven played a responsible game so it seems as though he's listening and adapting after being blasted by Burke last week.

Looking forward to seeing more from these two.

TylerSVT*

I thought Sven was only good in the 3rd, the first two periods he seemed lazy and disinterested again, i don't know what his off-season training was but he looks slower than he was last year. IMO i would send him down, he isnt going to get the minutes up here and i fear Hartley is going to murder his confidence.

Monahan should get his 9 games and go down, no sense in playing 13 minutes a game up here, go back to juniors and light it up, come back next year when some of the vets are gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad