Baertschi. No longer face of the future??

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
He isnt the caliber of player to carry a team like iggy. But he doesnt have to be so relax. calgary puck is convinced hes on the way out now. Bunch of idiots on that site.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Jesus Christ. Remember how everyone was ready to give up on Brodie? Good lord, if preseason was all that mattered Denis Wideman might as well be given the Norris and Lance Bouma will win the Rocket Richard.

This, oh god this.

Also remember when Dustin Boyd had a team leading 11 points or something in preseason...lol

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Jesus Christ. Remember how everyone was ready to give up on Brodie? Good lord, if preseason was all that mattered Denis Wideman might as well be given the Norris and Lance Bouma will win the Rocket Richard.

impressed.gif

The amount of hysteria in this thread is pretty comical. If this is any indication, we are in for a long, long season.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
One thing I've been meaning to look into was who Sven's linemates were during the preseason. I seem to remember that he usually lined up with players like Knight and Street. Did he ever once get to play with Backlund or Hudler or any other players of significant talent and experience?

I feel like the coaches could have split up the Stempniak-Stajan-Glencross trio a bit more than they did to boost other players. They know what they have in that line.

The majority of the time he was on lines with Knight and tryouts who didn't even get AHL contracts, as far as I'm aware (and wasn't there a Dinos fill-in at camp? Because I'm pretty sure he got reps in with Sven as well). He got limited minutes, playing with guys who lack skating ability and generally lacked overall ability (aside from Knight, who didn't exactly light the world on fire with his efforts preseason either). Sven only got a small amount of time with anyone worthwhile that I can recall.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I kinda like what they did personally. They told Sven exactly where they stand and what they expect. It's all up to him now to perform. Expectations have been ridiculous for him since his emergency call up.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
He isnt the caliber of player to carry a team like iggy. But he doesnt have to be so relax. calgary puck is convinced hes on the way out now. Bunch of idiots on that site.

As far as offensive ability goes (toughness and leadership aside) I think he could definitely be an Iginla-level player.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Seriously, they have a 'friend of a friend' type of post(s) that claim he's pouting and whatnot. I take those kind of things with a grain of salt.

dman34

May 6, 2011
One thing I've been meaning to look into was who Sven's linemates were during the preseason. I seem to remember that he usually lined up with players like Knight and Street. Did he ever once get to play with Backlund or Hudler or any other players of significant talent and experience?

I feel like the coaches could have split up the Stempniak-Stajan-Glencross trio a bit more than they did to boost other players. They know what they have in that line.

LOL, the dreaded Stempniak Stajan Glencross combo:sarcasm:

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
SSGX is the new CASH.

Any idea where Bart will be playing tomorrow? Or any indication what the lines might be?

I can't take this schedule. No Flames game until THURSDAY! Then Sunday. Lawd help me.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
SSGX is the new CASH.

Any idea where Bart will be playing tomorrow? Or any indication what the lines might be?

I can't take this schedule. No Flames game until THURSDAY! Then Sunday. Lawd help me.

We play on Friday too, don't we? Back to back in Washington then Columbus

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It'll be interesting to see Sven on a line with Monahan and Jones. I think all 3 of those players will have something to prove!

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Are you guys really giving up on Beartshi already? Just because he had a bad preseason and Burkes harsh comments doesnt mean he cant still become an all-star.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It'll be interesting to see Sven on a line with Monahan and Jones. I think all 3 of those players will have something to prove!

I'm a little surprised they didn't give him someone like Glencross or Stempniak to take the defensive pressure off. Hartley has a ton of confidence in Monahan.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Are you guys really giving up on Beartshi already? Just because he had a bad preseason and Burkes harsh comments doesnt mean he cant still become an all-star.

Literally no one has said that. In fact other than the OP most of this thread is an overreaction to the overreaction. Sven had a terrible preseason got called on it and now has to use it as motivation. No one is giving up on him just want to see a little more compete.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If Baertschi's playing Live the Life mode, his interview answer just gained him +10 fan likeability (and +2 management likeability). Jackpot!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Short answer is "no".

Long answer is "hell no".

I don't think anyone has given up on Baertschi. Everyone is clearly aware there are holes in his game (even Sven) and that he's still a developing player.

We've had more hope for worse players in the past, it actually takes a lot of persistent fail for this fanbase to give up on a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->