Baertchi hit in the head by Knights player, DOPS yet to comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Looked like interference, but the Knights player (you don't even mention who it is) does a good job of not making it worse. There looked to be some shoulder to head contact, but Sven was in an awkward position at the last moment as he turned towards the boards, not something easily avoidable.

Nothing worth looking at from the league.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Looked like interference, but the Knights player (you don't even mention who it is) does a good job of not making it worse. There looked to be some shoulder to head contact, but Sven was in an awkward position at the last moment as he turned towards the boards, not something easily avoidable.

Nothing worth looking at from the league.

That doesn’t look like interference at all

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
If you're waiting for DoPS to comment on this hit, you're probably going to be waiting a long time.

smite

Aug 29, 2006
Riiight here
upload_2018-10-25_16-28-41.png

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Why would DoPS get involved? Like MAYBE that's a penalty ... maybe ... supplemental discipline? No way

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
That’s similar to the Wilson hit, in that the guy held the puck, hitter comes from behind, and you could see how the hitter could reasonably expect he’d hit the body there, but also that the player hit was facing away and would have no idea to not get low or change his skating path/speed

Either a reckless hit is suspension worthy or not. It’d be nice if the league was consistently either way

About this hit specifically, I can see how the hitter might have expected the body there. It very well be a “shit happens” kind of hit.

And I personally consider a hit from the blind side to be reckless whether it makes contact to the head or not. That players not going to know to brace or adjust for it in any way. That’s definitely going to raise the risk of injury.

Last edited:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
That’s similar to the Wilson hit, in that the guy held the puck, hitter comes from behind, and you could see how the hitter could reasonably expect he’d hit the body there, but also that the player hit was facing away and would have no idea to not get low.

Either a reckless hit is suspension worthy or not. It’d be nice if the league was consistently either way

About this hit specifically, I can see how the hitter might have expected the body there. It very well be a “**** happens” kind of hit.

This isn't even close to that hit

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
This isn't even close to that hit
Of course, because it’s a different player.

You probably stopped at the word “Wilson” didn’t you? Care to explain all the differences? Or respond to my description of both hits directly?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Of course, because it’s a different player.

You probably stopped at the word “Wilson” didn’t you? Care to explain all the differences? Or respond to my description of both hits directly?

It doesn't need to be explained haha

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It doesn't need to be explained haha
Nice dodge. Just say you don’t have an argument to make if you wanted to.

It’s not Wilson, so you feel differently. What about my description of the hit seems wrong?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Did this guy really say "attacked"?

What is up with canucks fans this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->