Bad publicity - alienation of non-sponsor?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex
that's funny.

while they felt compelled to publically answer Kris Versteeg, they are really just using the waffling as an opportunity to market themselves.

“We are not clear on the origin of this new tradition or its meaning and find it hard to believe that consumers would throw away the opportunity to enjoy delicious wholesome Eggo waffles.â€

normal people don't talk like that. marketers do.

now if Versteeg is shrewd, he'll have his agent call Kellogg's and become a paid spokesperson. or maybe rival McCain's.

anecdotally, waffle sales in Toronto are increasing.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
It's not really a big deal. If Kelloggs doesn't want to sponsor the Leafs, the other thousands of companies in the Toronto area will surely step up. We are not talking about a small here, we are talking about a top 15 financial centre in the world.

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
No such thing as bad publicity. I think rather than alienating the potential advertiser they have the potential to work with ths Maple Leafs organization on a future project.

Now... if suddenly boxes of Corn Flakes came showering down from a similar section, I may think the fix is in...

Fugu

I really like the Oat Bran waffles they make. As long as people throw the regular ones, it's okay. It would be a travesty if they wasted the Buttermilk or Oat flavored ones.

Oh, LS said stick to business. They can capitalize on this by having a food drive with the Leafs. That's all I got.

Maybe MLSE should start selling, MAPLE syrup for those waffles

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad