Boston Herald Bad Guys: Top villains in Bruins’ history

Who do you consider to be the worst villian in Bruins history?

• Total voters

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Even better was when Kenny Belanger smeared him into the Meineke Muffler ad, effectively ending his career.

To this day it is the only time I saw a crowd cheer an unconscious player, and then boo him when he gets up.

Man, I loved Belanger when he was here. Very underrated fighter in that era.

Reactions: SPB2776

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So much truth about both, but especially Bikesa. What a fake tough guy, spot picker. Just a complete f***ing p***y.

When I think of fake tough guys, Bieksa is #1 on the list. He was neutered during that SCF; by the time game 7 rolled around, you never even heard his name called, that's how checked-out he was. Every time he was on TV (which wasn't much), he was staring at the ice with a cowering-dog-level fear of catching the eye of Chara, Lucic, McQuaid, or Thornton.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
When I think of fake tough guys, Bieksa is #1 on the list. He was neutered during that SCF; by the time game 7 rolled around, you never even heard his name called, that's how checked-out he was. Every time he was on TV (which wasn't much), he was staring at the ice with a cowering-dog-level fear of catching the eye of Chara, Lucic, McQuaid, or Thornton.
I'll never forget the end of game 7 when there were 3 seconds on the clock and the Bruins were starting to celebrate already, and dinkwad Bieksa shoots a 120 foot slapshot at Tim Thomas as the clock expired and made him have to drop down for one last save.

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'll never forget the end of game 7 when there were 3 seconds on the clock and the Bruins were starting to celebrate already, and dinkwad Bieksa shoots a 120 foot slapshot at Tim Thomas as the clock expired and made him have to drop down for one last save.

Yeah, that whole team were a bunch of entitled morons. Mark Recchi had to tell Burrows to knock off the shit and "finish this up the right way" in the dying minutes. As the Fat Albert Show once said, that team was like school on Saturday - No class.

aguineapig

As a lifelong sworn enemy of everything bleu, blanc et rouge I thought surely of them first. But first on my list has to be the 1974 Philadelphia Flyer crime syndicate led by Captain Slash. He would hook, hold ,slash and spear you, then hide behind his goon squad Schultz, Kelly, Saleski, Dupont etc. with his Goldilocks curls and toothless grin. Totally gutless in my book. Bobby Orr would fight his own battles, I always wanted someone to pound his goldilocks ass.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
this right hear.

Domi knocking him out is a great YouTube take...
I'll never forget that night. The Bruins were in Dallas (I'm pretty sure), and Casey gave up like 2 goals in the final minute of the game and they lost. I was in a bar with a bunch of TVs, and just as I looked away, Domi clocked Ulfie and the place went wild.

EDIT: Had to look it up. It was Dallas and it was 3 goals in 50 seconds. Loved the Albanian after that

Last edited:

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
game 1, the scrum in the corner where Ference asks the Sedin if he's okay, you see Looch skate up to Bieksa, Casual Kev can't even make eye contact. All hat, no cattle.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
As a lifelong sworn enemy of everything bleu, blanc et rouge I thought surely of them first. But first on my list has to be the 1974 Philadelphia Flyer crime syndicate led by Captain Slash. He would hook, hold ,slash and spear you, then hide behind his goon squad Schultz, Kelly, Saleski, Dupont etc. with his Goldilocks curls and toothless grin. Totally gutless in my book. Bobby Orr would fight his own battles, I always wanted someone to pound his goldilocks ass.

“Captain Slash!” LOL! I love it.

I was still gestating when this series happened, so I don’t remember it, and I don’t care to watch it. But I can say that Bobby Clarke definitely seems like the kind of guy who will injure you when you’re not looking and chortle about it all the way back to the bench.

I have watched video of him slashing Valeri Kharlamov In the Summit Series. I might have done the same thing myself in that series under those circumstances - but we’re not talking about me.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not that he was a particularly over the top villain or anything, but I always hated Larry Robinson and his dumb ass Brady bunch reject perm, especially when he had that terrible mustache to go along with it. So bad. Always made me want to smash his face in every time I saw it...

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not that he was a particularly over the top villain or anything, but I always hated Larry Robinson and his dumb ass Brady bunch reject perm, especially when he had that terrible mustache to go along with it. So bad. Always made me want to smash his face in every time I saw it...

You mean like John Wensink?

Reactions: LSCII

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Yes, Clarke was a dirty little shit, but he was tough as nails.

Hockey Fights site lists him with 36 fights in his career.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The rivalry between Lucic and Komisarek was a entertaining one for it's time.

Another name I toss out there is Phil Kessel. Not so much between him and the Bruins players but the fans in those early years following his trade to TO.

Reactions: sarge88

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I really wouldn't shed a tear if Chris Nilan was caught sneaking in someone's window in the night and got mauled by pitbulls.

I'd save a pitbull for Harry for signing Nilan after what he did to Nifty.

Reactions: sarge88

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I am going to commit absolute heresy. I am a die hard Bs fan but I coached one of Ulf’s kids for two years and my son played with one of Ulf’s older kids for two years. They were absolutely the nicest family you could imagine. The perfect hockey parents. I didn’t have similar experiences with a couple of other former NHL dads. Will never have a bad word to say about Ulf or his family.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Could Joe Thornton be considered a villain his attitude in Boston was not the best and he was a poor leader and captain.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Could Joe Thornton be considered a villain his attitude in Boston was not the best and he was a poor leader and captain.

Whose fault was it that he was appointed as a captain at such a young age, before he was really ready for it though? I see the former players as villains as a huge stretch, tbh. I get why some fans want to demonize ex players, but other than simply being involved in a controversially bad trade, Thornton didn't really have anything to do with how his exit from Boston went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad