Boston Herald Bad Guys: Top villains in Bruins’ history

Who do you consider to be the worst villian in Bruins history?

• Total voters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Perhaps no sport captures the concept of the villain quite like hockey. The Bruins have had their share of players who opposing fandoms have loved to hate, from Eddie Shore to Derek Sanderson to Brad Marchand.

But there also have been plenty players of whom Bruins’ fans could not stand the sight. Some of these ne’er-do-wells’ transgressions were all in the sometimes filthy game, others bordered on the criminal.

Here’s a list of the worst villains for the Bruins’ over the years — the Hateful Eight if you will:

Top villains in Bruins' history

Ulf Samuelsson
Matt Cooke
Pat Quinn
Alex Burrows
Maurice “Rocket” Richard:
Wayne Maki
Claude Lemieux
Oskar Sundqvist

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Samuelsson and Cooke for me.

100% agree with you on those two... although for me Ulf is clearly the #1 for obvious reasons as well as I grew up in West Hartford so for a long time I had his stupid face front and center.

Cooke dropped down a notch to me when Marchy absolutely clowned him in the 2013 ECF with that chirping/bar down wrister....

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Ulf for obvious reasons, but one omission I’m surprised about is Alex Kovalev. Before and during the Bruins renaissance he was a big time Bruins killer. Always hated him.

great hands though

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ryan Kesler should be on here honestly. I know Burrows is well remembered for biting Patrice Bergeron’s finger, but Kesler is among the best fake tough guys of all time. Kevin Bieksa too.

Speaking of great YT clips, Domi KO’ing Kesler

So much truth about both, but especially Bikesa. What a fake tough guy, spot picker. Just a complete f***ing p***y.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad