backwards?? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
i read that the draft lottery will be worked backwards with pick number 30 being selected first and working all the way up towards the 1st overall pick. Thats an exciting way to do it---however defeats the purpose of the weighted ball system. Picking the 30th overall pick first would then make it more likely that the teams with 3 balls receive that pick making the 3 balls a disadvantage rather than an advantage? how will that work!

Macman

May 15, 2004
They're going to announce it publicly 30th to 1st to build suspense, but the actual draft is behind closed doors in front of the board of directors and it's my understanding that one will be 1st to 30.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
You could have one ball for each team in the bowl and after a higher ranked (in the lottery) team gets a pick, you simply put the ball back in (only a certain number of times). If a lower ranked team has a pick, you don't put it back or not as often. That should work.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
you could still do it backwards.. a team is only selected when they have no balls left.. but I doubt that's how they'll do it.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
They will do it from 1-30!
The easiest way to do it backwards would be to give the (actually) 1-ball teams 3 balls and the 3-ball teams 1 ball. so the chance for, say Toronto, would be higher to get just the 30st than for the Rangers...but they won´t do that because it´s not necessary. The lottery will be held behind closed doors and the GM´s don´t need this dramaturgy like we need it (...seems so).
I´m really looking forward that they will anounce the draft order so threads like this one will finally be history. Though I can imagine that the new threads are full of statements like "I´m so pissed off that the Rangers/Pens/etc. will get Crosby"...

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Hockey-Freak said:
I´m really looking forward that they will anounce the draft order so threads like this one will finally be history.
Well, reading this comment above one would think you already read those threads..
Hockey-Freak said:
The easiest way to do it backwards would be to give the (actually) 1-ball teams 3 balls and the 3-ball teams 1 ball. so the chance for, say Toronto, would be higher to get just the 30st than for the Rangers...but they won´t do that because it´s not necessary...
:shakehead
Unfortunately it seems otherwise.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Honestly is this the 20th thread on this in the last 3 days? Just sticky a topic in big letters saying: DRAWING IS 1-30, ANNOUNCEMENT IS 30-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
theBob said:
Honestly is this the 20th thread on this in the last 3 days? Just sticky a topic in big letters saying: DRAWING IS 1-30, ANNOUNCEMENT IS 30-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

No kidding, how dumb are people to think they are rewarding the teams with less ping pong balls...I am tired of this, cant wait until its OVER!

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Realm said:
No kidding, how dumb are people to think they are rewarding the teams with less ping pong balls...I am tired of this, cant wait until its OVER!
No kidding, i am tired of dumb people going on thinking/saying that a reverse lottery would reward the teams with less ping pong balls!!

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
helicecopter said:
No kidding, i am tired of dumb people going on thinking/saying that a reverse lottery would reward the teams with less ping pong balls!!

Here here, I too am tired of people thinking that the NHL screwed up somehow. I've heard it everyday for the past week. Let's get this over with, so we don't have to deal with odds/probability/statistics in the same manner that we've been dealing with for the past week.

Coffee and 7's*

I think their opening line will be "OMGOMGOMG I AM VERY EXCITED!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->