Backup Goalie Solution

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
With Hutchinson being blah & Neuvirth mainly unknown especially because of health issues do we look elsewhere?

Heres a list. Some were placed on waivers & cap hit ofcourse may be an issue. Or perhaps you have other ideas.

1. Anton Forsberg
  2. Eric Comrie
  3. Tristan Jarry
  4. J.F. Berube
  5. Calvin Pickard
  6. Oscar Dansk
  7. Louis Dominique
  8. Mike Condon
Thoughts?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
With Hutchinson being blah & Neuvirth mainly unknown especially because of health issues do we look elsewhere?

Heres a list. Some were placed on waivers & cap hit ofcourse may be an issue. Or perhaps you have other ideas.
Thoughts?
  1. Anton Forsberg - meh but price is right 775,000
  2. Eric Comrie - no
  3. Tristan Jarry- meh but $675,000 is in our wheelhouse
  4. J.F. Berube - no
  5. Calvin Pickard - no
  6. Oscar Dansk - yes - $675,000--not a lo t of NHL exerience but intriguing player
  7. Louis Dominique - absolutely but cap ht is 1,150,000
  8. Mike Condon - yes but makes over 2 mil this season

Last edited:

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Dominique or maybe Dansk would be the only ones I'd say would be worth paying attention too.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Hopefully Neuvirth shows he is healthy enough to win the job,
Dominique @ $1.15 is too rich for us.

Another name I am tracking is Montreal prospect Lindgren.
2 years left at $750K fits our time line.
Toss one of the spare 7th round picks we have at Montreal and there you go.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

1. Anton Forsberg
  2. Eric Comrie
  3. Tristan Jarry
  4. J.F. Berube
  5. Calvin Pickard
  6. Oscar Dansk
  7. Louis Dominique
  8. Mike Condon
Thoughts?

Eric Comrie is a stud prospect with a ton of upside.

He has higher upside than both Woll and Ian Scott. IMO

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's Neuvirth's job as long as he stays healthy.

Reactions: Ciao

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Honestly from that list, I like our own Neuvirth the best. Neuvirth on a league minimum, if an injury arises we worry about it then. Worst case we have to scoop someone like we did with Hutch, or we get some invaluable experience for a guy like Woll until Neuvirth comes back. Liked Neuvirth's game last night, hopefully he builds on that

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Neuvirth is the most NHL experienced of the options listed, and very well might also be out of any options to be available prior to the start of the season. Hopefully he's fit to play enough to assume the backup role.

Reactions: Ciao

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hutchinson is your backup for the season. Kaskisuo is your third stringer.

Not sure why everyone is all up in arms for the backup job.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hutchinson is your backup for the season. Kaskisuo is your third stringer.

Not sure why everyone is all up in arms for the backup job.
Go to the games. Hutch is brutal. He gives up a house league goal every game sometimes 2. And he sh*ts da bed in every game that matters including last years Marlies playoff game 5 against Checkers. Now I realize this is backup goalie but we need a guy who can make the regular normal saves all the time. And we had 1 in MAC so that's why there is such resentment in the fan base.

Reactions: Julio Jones

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Honestly from that list, I like our own Neuvirth the best. Neuvirth on a league minimum, if an injury arises we worry about it then. Worst case we have to scoop someone like we did with Hutch, or we get some invaluable experience for a guy like Woll until Neuvirth comes back. Liked Neuvirth's game last night, hopefully he builds on that

Woll isn't ready

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Go to the games. Hutch is brutal. He gives up a house league goal every game sometimes 2. And he sh*ts da bed in every game that matters including last years Marlies playoff game 5 against Checkers. Now I realize this is backup goalie but we need a guy who can make the regular normal saves all the time. And we had 1 in MAC so that's why there is such resentment in the fan base.

I don't have to be at the games to know he's an average backup goaltender.

Because it isn't ****ing good enough and hasn't need for over a year it's that simple

You're not going to get much better than Hutchinson.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah he's not getting a contract.

Door is WIDE open for Hutch tonight.

Have a good game and they likely run with him.

Hutch has a bad game, then it’s possible Neuvirth gets another shot or the team looks to waivers

Reactions: qqaz

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah he's not getting a contract.
Too bad the guy gets injured all the time. Can't even go 2 periods without another problem. We can't go with a guy like this. We put ourselves in this problem last year losing MAC. A really bad call there in hindsight.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Door is WIDE open for Hutch tonight.

Have a good game and they likely run with him.

Hutch has a bad game, then it’s possible Neuvirth gets another shot or the team looks to waivers
Every time Hutch gets a chance he sh*ts da bed. So expect he will again tonight. We really screwed ourselves last year with MAC. The guy was from London and he liked it with Freddy. What a screw up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->